Help: Massive problems getting up and running

Help with getting the CMS CORE package up and running. This does not include 3rd party modules, PHP scripts, anything downloaded via module manager or from any external source.
outasight

Help: Massive problems getting up and running

Post by outasight »

I'm a newbie to CMSMS (and to web development in general)
Here's what I'm trying to do:
    I want to setup web pages such that members can add content themselves through a wysywig editor like tinyMCE or FCKeditor (ie without going through the Admin panel).  Ideally this should be available only to logged-in users but I can't see how to get FrontEndUsers working and I can't see how to integrate tinyMCE into a page when I create it.  Can anyone explain this to me?

I've been struggling with this for days.  I can see how to create web pages but I don't see at all how to get FrontEndUsers working and I don't see how to integrate tinyMCE into a page.

Any help would be appreciated.
Last edited by outasight on Sun May 18, 2008 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vangabond

Re: Help: Massive problems getting up and running

Post by vangabond »

I am fairly new to CMSMS as well, but I think that tinyMCE should be installed as a default module. When I create a new page, the tinyMCE editor automatically loads -- and it has from the getgo. 

Anyway, try going to My Preferences (top menu) and then select User Preferences. The first options is 'Select WISYWIG to Use'. Make sure that tinyMCE is selected. I think that if this is selected, the tinyMCE editor should automatically run.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

CMS Made simple is not a portal package.  It doesn't support (at the moment) inline editing, and doesn't support users editing only 'their own section of the site'.

You can create pages as an administrator, and allow only authorized people to login to the administration console and only edit certain pages, but they won't be able to add/delete pages.  If you give people the permission to add or delete pages they can add/delete any page.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
LeaUK

Post by LeaUK »

But I can create users that have permissions to edit only certain areas of the page can't I - say a news column only?

What I need is to provide clients access rights (under login) to certain pages where they can use a WYSIWYG editor to update content. so what's the difference between a portal and CMSms? 

Sorry I'm obviously confused!  Your comments would be greatly appreciated.

Lea
emt
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by emt »

Simplistically, a portal has a front end login that provides features and functions to a visitor of a website and a CMS has a back end login for managing the content and style of a website.

CMSMS's back end login is the /admin - Admin Login. You can create different user logins and give them some limitations on what they can do, such as News.

But that's doing it from the back end. Your description indicates you want visitors to do it from the front end. Calguy1000 is saying CMSMS does not work this way.

emt

Return to “[locked] Installation, Setup and Upgrade”