New but not so new

The place to talk about things that are related to CMS Made simple, but don't fit anywhere else.
vcordato

New but not so new

Post by vcordato »

Hello everyone, My name is Vin and It was a long long time ago... probably around the time when cms made simple had just come out, that I decided to give it a shot and put my first CMS site up. It was a learning curve for me back then and asked quite a few questions but thanks to you all I prevailed.
Long story short, this is years later... meaning I haven't done this for a seriously long time and I have been recruited to put a site up. I figured it's just like riding a bike... so I immediately turned to CMS made simple once again.
Low and behold my retention is not what it used to be and it seems that things have changed after getting to this current version of the software.
If anyone can give me a quick refresher and walk me through making these changes I would greatly appreciate it.
The Site is : https://www.thenarrowsinstitute.org
I used the easythemes "Portage" theme.

I'm having a hard time figuring out how to adjust and stretch the site name in the header and I also can't figure out how to change the information in the blocks in the lower portion of the pages like changing the contact info, upcoming events... the map I'm assuming is a Google map API code that needs to be input?

Any help is greatly appreciated
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: New but not so new

Post by DIGI3 »

The sitename in the header is fairly complex in that theme - it requires some knowledge of svgs and svg effects. If you want to tackle it, you would edit the portage_wave template. If it's outside your comfort level you can hire the theme developer (me) to do it, or perhaps just replace it with an image or static text.

The footer items are in portage_master and is just placeholder html you can edit. There's no api code to edit for the map, it's just an iframe tag from Google Maps you can replace with your own. Upcoming events is just to show you an example of what could go there, you could use a module such as LISE, News, or CGCalendar to generate the content, or replace it with something different.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
vcordato

Post by vcordato »

Sorry for the late reply...thank you so much for your help
atz6975
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by atz6975 »

Code: Select all

#header a {