Upgrade of 1.10.3 "Hyacinthe"

The place to talk about things that are related to CMS Made simple, but don't fit anywhere else.
Felix
Forum Members
Forum Members

Upgrade of 1.10.3 "Hyacinthe"

Post by Felix »

Hi - I read Digi's comment that it is possible to upgrade from any version to the latest.

I built a website a few years ago for a local community club and kept it updated until the upgrade to 2 put the fear of god into me.

I absolutely need to update now and was thinking of copying the site to a docker container on my qnap, then going through the upgrade process so that I would then have the exact steps and can make sure I don't have a big failure with the upgrade.

Problem is I'm new to docker containers and am struggling with the process of getting a copy of the site into the container.

Has anyone done this before?

What other ways do website developers use to go through a major upgrade?

Cheers,

Felix
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Re: Upgrade of 1.10.3 "Hyacinthe"

Post by calguy1000 »

Docker is probably overkill, particularly if you are not familiar with it.

But... you can easily use vagrant + virtuabox or vmware. to setup one or two lamp VM's for the purpose of testing and ugprading.

I would setup one VM with PHP 5.6 and upgrade your site to 1.12.2 or v2.0.1 or something.

I would then setup another VM with PHP 7.2 to upgrade the site the final mile.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.

Return to “The Lounge”