CMSMS 2.2.7 Login Fatal Error

The place to talk about things that are related to CMS Made simple, but don't fit anywhere else.
personIsHere
Forum Members
Forum Members

CMSMS 2.2.7 Login Fatal Error

Post by personIsHere »

Hi all,
Fresh install of CMSMS 2.2.7. Everything worked fine as usual - no change at all to process.
When entering password on admin/login.php page i get this:

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Call to undefined function CMSMS\password_hash() in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/lib/classes/internal/class.LoginOperations.php on line 84
which is rather frustrating...!

I have entered the password wrong, and that behaves normal and just gives you the wrong password error it usally does.
Have changed password and that still gives PHP fatal error.
I have re-installed/freshened 2.2.7 to see if anything was a bit messy on the way orignialyl and nothing has changed I am still getting issue.

I am running PHP version 5.4.45 on my server, which according to the documentation is not high enough as versions 2x require 5.6 and reccomended 7.0.
What I don't understand is why all ofmy other CMSMS installs have worked for 2.2.4, 2.2.5 and 2.2.6!
Has this documentation been updated since 2.2.7?
Is this a known issue with 2.2.7 or is it just me?

On the actual line of code I am being pointed to it says:

Code: Select all

$private_data['hash'] = password_hash( $user->id.$user->password.__FILE__, PASSWORD_BCRYPT );
Any advice on a reccomended course of action from this point on would be appreciated
Thanks!
velden
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: CMSMS 2.2.7 Login Fatal Error

Post by velden »

Has this documentation been updated since 2.2.7?
Is this a known issue with 2.2.7 or is it just me?
This indeed has changed for version 2.2.7
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: CMSMS 2.2.7 Login Fatal Error

Post by DIGI3 »

PHP 5.4 is very old. Your only course of action, other than restoring from backup, is to upgrade PHP. You should do this anyway, the performance and security benefits are well worth it.

We included the PHP version requirement change in the changelog, release notes, forum post, newsletter, and all of our social media outlets. There's only so much we can do to get your attention :)
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options

Return to “The Lounge”