How to handle unsubscribes from NMS dynamic recipient list?

The place to talk about things that are related to CMS Made simple, but don't fit anywhere else.
kmesd62
Forum Members
Forum Members

How to handle unsubscribes from NMS dynamic recipient list?

Post by kmesd62 »

Hi
I am planning to use a dynamic recipient list in NMS using data extracted from FEU with a (as yet unwritten) UDT.

My question is: how could I handle 'unsubscribe' requests from the dynamic list? (Preferably with a single click/confirm)

I'm presuming the native NMS unsubscribe link wouldn't/couldn't work as it involves knowing where the dynamic data came from and would also mean updating another module's table(s).

I don't really want to require users to log in to feu to unset their subscription.

Are UDT's (e.g. in this case generating a custom feu unsubscribe link) allowed to update module tables or are they strictly read only? How could the link be made tamper-proof?

Some options I've discounted are:
* pre-import FEU data into NMS: how do I transfer NMS unsubscribes back into FEU?
* just using NMS: because list membership is closed I'd still need feu/custom content to restrict sign-ups. Also membership type determines the list you go on.

Are there any other options?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Return to “The Lounge”