Not able to post new images.

The place to talk about things that are related to CMS Made simple, but don't fit anywhere else.

Not able to post new images.

Post by 258 »

When I upload a JPEG file, a generic thumbnail is created and the file name appears under "uploads/images." When I select "Insert/Edit image," I am able to browse for the "image URL" to select the JPEG that was uploaded, but no image appears on the content screen and I get the following error message:

"Not Found

The requested URL /uploads/images/...DSCN0002[1].JPG was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

I can insert an image that was previously uploaded onto the Image Manager (i.e. images uploaded last year or earlier), but anything new that I upload will not post. Please help!
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Not able to post new images.

Post by DIGI3 »

You haven't given us a lot to go on, but it sounds like perhaps a permission issue. Check in the file system if the ownership or permissions of the new files are different than the old.

Then, try using a different filename, test with something simple like testimage.jpg (lowercase, no special characters).

Don't forget to check your error logs. And make sure you're not out of disk space or over quota.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options

Post by 258 »

Thanks for your reply. Could you tell me what the quota is for disk space and how to check what our current usage is? I have checked permissions as well as tried uploading a JPEG with a very simple file name and I am still unable to insert it onto a page. Could you also tell me where to go to check error logs?
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

No, you'll need to discuss those things with your web host or server administrator. They're different in each environment, and nothing to do with CMSMS.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options

Return to “The Lounge”