Facebook page / gcblog

The place to talk about things that are related to CMS Made simple, but don't fit anywhere else.
Gregor
Power Poster
Power Poster

Facebook page / gcblog

Post by Gregor »

Hi,

I'm trying to connect my rss-feed from my site to a facebook page (not a facebook profile) to have all cgblog entries posted on that page, however the format Facebook demands is by far from what ifttt f.i. requires.

As far as I've seen in the development area, the plugins or modules that are related to work with FB are marked as stale.

Anyone who has a tip or trick on how to get the blog-items into the fb-page?

Thanks.
Rolf
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: Facebook page / gcblog

Post by Rolf »

What is IFTTT missing for you?
- + - + - + - + - + - + -
LATEST TUTORIAL AT CMS CAN BE SIMPLE:
Migrating Company Directory module to LISE
Gregor
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Gregor »

Rolf wrote:What is IFTTT missing for you?
collecting and posting the old cgblog posts... ;)
Rolf
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Rolf »

Ohw, okay... Tried Hootsuite? You can even upload an excel file to plan the posting of messages
Gregor
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Gregor »

Rolf wrote:Ohw, okay... Tried Hootsuite? You can even upload an excel file to plan the posting of messages
Never tried Hootsuite. Will have a look to see what it can do to post old cgblog posts.
Gregor
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Gregor »

Got an email back from Hootsuite that they don't support pulling older articles at the moment.

Any other thoughts.
Rolf
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Rolf »

Noop, that is not what I meant. You can create an Excel file and schedule all posts and text incl. URLs for the next year(?) and import that in Hootsuite. It does the job for you...

Within CMSMS (and a little imagination) you can create a "featured" article like I have done in https://welovecmsms.com to display and posts to social media for the featured showcases. Might do a tutorial on this...

Now that I think of it, you can also use CGCalendar for this. Simply post and URL each day and create a simple RSS feed with this for IFTTT or Hootsuite.
Gregor
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Gregor »

Rolf wrote:Noop, that is not what I meant. You can create an Excel file and schedule all posts and text incl. URLs for the next year(?) and import that in Hootsuite. It does the job for you...
Looked at Hootsuite for the Excel solution. They state:
Formatting rules
You’ll use three columns to set up your messages. Column A is the date and time you want your message to be scheduled for, Column B is the message itself, and Column C is where you’ll include a URL (if needed in your post).
The first column can be made in Excel pretty easy, only a 2minute difference or so between each post. Column B can be the summary of an article -extract from the database in CSV-format- and column C the url of the post -could be extracted too-. If I post a url on FB than all info is collected based on the usage of Opengraph. Have to look in de CGBlog table to see if there is a url defined in all posts (I don't think so).

Return to “The Lounge”