Upgrade process stopped at "Database Work"

The place to talk about things that are related to CMS Made simple, but don't fit anywhere else.
urheat
Forum Members
Forum Members

Upgrade process stopped at "Database Work"

Post by urheat »

Hi,

I upgraded one of the CMSMS sites from 2.2 -> 2.2.2. The process stopped at step 8 Database Work.

The site seems to work ok. But should I do something to make sure that the site will work in the future also?

EDIT: I found one problem - can't delete created pages or news... And while updating modules, I think modules are updated, but the system said that something "Before upgrade, update CMSMS Core" and there is this in admin log:" Problem installing, upgrading or activating FormBuilder". The site still works though...

Thanks!
urheat
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: Upgrade process stopped at "Database Work"

Post by urheat »

Any news? I tried to install again, but the installation process always stops at the step 8...

p.s. Why this post was moved to Lounge?! I wrote this to upgrade forum.
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

The post was moved to the lounge because you didn't follow posting guidelines. In order for our volunteers to help you, we need much more information:
-operating system/server environment
-did you try debug mode and/or other troubleshooting as listed in the readme doc?
-anything in your error logs?
-what other steps did you take to resolve the problem?
-can you/have you tried on a different server?

Also, flagging your own post is not the appropriate way to get attention. Please read the pinned posts, and re-read your own post to see if an average person could diagnose your issue without having to ask more questions.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
urheat
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by urheat »

Thanks Digi3,

I'll try to be more specific next time. But I think that also it's possible to ask more information and not just bury users post to another forum without any notice or guidelines what was wrong.

Anyways - how we can continue? If I write a more specific post to the upgrade forum and you'll delete this one? I think that there might be users who will have or have the same problem or could even help, but they don't find this post from the lounge.

Thanks
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

I didn't move it, but the admin who did was probably just frustrated with the number of questions we get that don't provide the information needed to help us answer them.

I'd probably start a new thread with the correct information, then it will be more useful for others, too - rather than having to read half a dozen messages in to start seeing anything useful.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
urheat
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by urheat »

Ok, thanks Digi! I'll do that when I try to update the system again.

Return to “The Lounge”