module_custom folders deleted after upgrade

The place to talk about things that are related to CMS Made simple, but don't fit anywhere else.
Gregor
Power Poster
Power Poster

module_custom folders deleted after upgrade

Post by Gregor »

Hi,

I just upgraded from version 2.1.6 to 2.2 and noticed that the content of the folder module_custom was made empty. I had a backup :)

Is it expected behaviour to delete the content of that specific folder? If so, could you please added a note in the upgrade notes?

Thanks.
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: module_custom folders deleted after upgrade

Post by DIGI3 »

This is in the changelog:
On upgrade (for 2.2) now create the assets directory structure and move tmp/configs, tmp/templates, module_custom, admin/custom, etc. within it.

It doesn't delete it, it just moves it.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
Gregor
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Gregor »

DIGI3 wrote:This is in the changelog:
On upgrade (for 2.2) now create the assets directory structure and move tmp/configs, tmp/templates, module_custom, admin/custom, etc. within it.

It doesn't delete it, it just moves it.
Ah, overlooked that one. Didn't read the changelog, only the file that came with the software. My suggestion would be to put this important information in the readme-file and not only in the changelog.

I was triggered because the custom made tag function I had in my custom-folder didn't work anymore after the upgrade and due to that I got a blanc screen after trying to open a cgblog-article. After putting the files back to the custom folder, it all worked as designed.

Can you explain what needs to be done to get the tag-function to work with use of the assets-folder? Or point me to where I can read it?
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

You don't need to do anything special, it's just a new location for them and they're moved automatically during upgrade.

The changelogs are all linked in a list during the upgrade, with a notice recommending you read them. They're also on the page where you download the upgrade from. They're also under a tab under System Maintenance, and in the /doc folder of your install.

It's not in the readme because so far you're the only one who has reported an issue with it. You'll need to do some diagnostics and see what went wrong with the upgrade, or if it's only affecting one specific module, etc. Provide us with exact steps to reproduce the issue, then we can decide if it's something that needs fixing, or awareness raised.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
Gregor
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Gregor »

The steps followed are those described in the readme-whar-file. In the custom-folder I have a modified cgblog template to get tags-working. Been there several years and only when a new version of cgbolg is released, I have to make sure the cgblog-template and the tag-template become inline. For more details, please have a look at this site where the whole thing is described https://blog.arvixe.com/add-tagging-fun ... les-part1/

After the upgrade from 2.1.6 to 2.2 I opened a cgblog article and it returned a blanc page. Refreshed the cache etc., usual stuff during/after an update or upgrade, but no luck. Knowing this behaviour from previous upgrade I checked and discovered an empty custom-folder. After I put a backup of the files into the custom-folder, everything worked as before.

As for this topic I just renamed the custom-folder to see what happend, and it works as expected. Shoot me.

Anyway, thanks for your time and support.

Return to “The Lounge”