index and admin blank after updating to 2.1.2

The place to talk about things that are related to CMS Made simple, but don't fit anywhere else.
jamski

index and admin blank after updating to 2.1.2

Post by jamski »

Hello
Having some issues after update
I upgraded to version 1.12.1 before I started all was ok
then updated server to run php 5.5
uploaded and ran the installer for cmsms 2.1.2 and all test checked out.
but when do to the index.php or admin pages it just loads a blank page

Any ideas?

thanks Jamie
paulbaker
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: index and admin blank after updating to 2.1.2

Post by paulbaker »

Blank page normally means PHP error(s) so look for PHP error log on your hosting and post the most recent errors listed.
To copy System Information to the forum:
https://docs.cmsmadesimple.org/troubles ... nformation

CMS Made Simple Geekmoots attended:
Nottingham, UK 2012 | Ghent, Belgium 2015 | Leicester, UK 2016
jamski

Post by jamski »

Thanks for the reply this is what error code says:

broadhavenbaptist.org.uk [Sun Feb 28 19:43:48 2016] [error] [client 92.28.63.148:59201] AH01215: thrown in /home/sites/broadhavenbaptist.org.uk/public_html/lib/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php on line 431: /home/sites/broadhavenbaptist.org.uk/public_html/index.php
broadhavenbaptist.org.uk [Sun Feb 28 19:43:48 2016] [error] [client 92.28.63.148:59201] AH01215: PHP Fatal error: Uncaught --> Smarty: Plugin "gbfp_jsloader" not callable <-- : /home/sites/broadhavenbaptist.org.uk/public_html/index.php
broadhavenbaptist.org.uk [Sun Feb 28 19:43:50 2016] [error] [client 92.28.63.148:60480] AH01215: PHP Fatal error: Uncaught --> Smarty: Plugin "gbfp_jsloader" not callable <-- : /home/sites/broadhavenbaptist.org.uk/public_html/index.php
broadhavenbaptist.org.uk [Sun Feb 28 19:43:50 2016] [error] [client 92.28.63.148:60480] AH01215: thrown in /home/sites/broadhavenbaptist.org.uk/public_html/lib/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php on line 431: /
Jo Morg
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by Jo Morg »

That means you didn't read documentation or release notes. It was well documented and there are also a lot of posts about it: not all modules are CMSMS 2.x compatible, and some apparently will never be. There are however a few forks of old modules that work with the 2.x branch, and I bet that a some developers may work on their modules if contacted or sponsored to do so.
PHP Fatal error: Uncaught --> Smarty: Plugin "gbfp_jsloader" not callable
At least GBfilePicker is not compatible, but there may be other modules... I would revert the installation and check, module by module, if the ones the site use are compatible, or up to date. Then take the necessary actions, and then upgrade.
For instance, there is a fork of GBfilePicker that works with CMSMS 2.x: JMFilePicker.
HTH.
"There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary... and those who don't."
* by the way: English is NOT my native language (sorry for any mistakes...).
Code of Condut | CMSMS Docs | Help Support CMSMS
My developer Page on the Forge
GeekMoot 2015 in Ghent, Belgium: I was there!
GeekMoot 2016 in Leicester, UK: I was there!
DevMoot 2023 in Cynwyd, Wales: I was there!
jamski

Post by jamski »

ok thanks I renamed some of the module folders and can now can access the admin though on the index page now getting this error

Error: at line 296 in file /home/sites/broadhavenbaptist.org.uk/public_html/lib/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatecompilerbase.php:

Syntax error in template "tpl_body:2" on line 296 "{valid_css image='false' class='valid-css' target='_blank' text='valid css3'}" unknown tag "valid_css"

Close Full Trace ↑

#0 /home/sites/broadhavenbaptist.org.uk/public_html/lib/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatecompilerbase.php(575): Smarty_Internal_TemplateCompilerBase->trigger_template_error('unknown tag "va...', 296)
#1 /home/sites/broadhavenbaptist.org.uk/public_html/lib/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templateparser.php(2383): Smarty_Internal_TemplateCompilerBase->compileTag('valid_css', Array)
#2 /home/sites/broadhavenbaptist.org.uk/public_html/lib/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templateparser.php(3093): Smarty_Internal_Templateparser->yy_r37()
#3 /home/sites/broadhavenbaptist.org.uk/public_html/lib/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templateparser.php(3191): Smarty_Internal_Templateparser->yy_reduce(37)
#4 /home/sites/broadhavenbaptist.org.uk/public_html/lib/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_smartytemplatecompiler.php(111): Smarty_Internal_Templateparser->doParse(3, '}')
#5 /home/sites/broadhavenbaptist.org.uk/public_html/lib/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatecompilerbase.php(273): Smarty_Internal_SmartyTemplateCompiler->doCompile('</__body>\r\n <di...')
#6 /home/sites/broadhavenbaptist.org.uk/public_html/lib/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_template.php(186): Smarty_Internal_TemplateCompilerBase->compileTemplate(Object(Smarty_Internal_Template))
#7 /home/sites/broadhavenbaptist.org.uk/public_html/lib/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php(149): Smarty_Internal_Template->compileTemplateSource()
#8 /home/sites/broadhavenbaptist.org.uk/public_html/index.php(160): Smarty_Internal_TemplateBase->fetch()
Jo Morg
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by Jo Morg »

{valid_css} and {valid_xhtml} tags have (IIRC) been deprecated and removed from CMSMS 2.x. Search in your templates for occurrences of these tags and remove them. That should fix those errors.
"There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary... and those who don't."
* by the way: English is NOT my native language (sorry for any mistakes...).
Code of Condut | CMSMS Docs | Help Support CMSMS
My developer Page on the Forge
GeekMoot 2015 in Ghent, Belgium: I was there!
GeekMoot 2016 in Leicester, UK: I was there!
DevMoot 2023 in Cynwyd, Wales: I was there!

Return to “The Lounge”