User group permission to only allow editing content

The place to talk about things that are related to CMS Made simple, but don't fit anywhere else.
Cognatus
Forum Members
Forum Members

User group permission to only allow editing content

Post by Cognatus »

I can't figure out how to setup the permissions for a user group to only be able to edit the content of a page and limiting the ability to change the name, menu text, content type etc. of the particular page.

Can this be done?
JohnnyB
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: User group permission to only allow editing content

Post by JohnnyB »

The Admin user permission roles are not finely granular. But, you can do some things to get close.

Assume you have a backend user group called "Limited Access"

In the Permissions, make sure Manage All Content is off for that group. "Limited Access" group will not be allowed to edit any page.

Then, open each page that you want that group to be able to edit. Look under the Options for the Additional Editors field and select the group(s) that are allowed to edit the page. Selecting "Limited Access" group will allow users belonging to that group access to edit that page.

Under Page Defaults in the Site Admin section, you can make Limited Access a default group that can edit all new pages created in the future.

*** Above is specific to 1.11.x series. Page defaults and Content page permissions should work the same way in 2.0 but their page is located (tab) location is different ***
"The art of life lies in a constant readjustment to our surroundings." -Okakura Kakuzo

--
LinkedIn profile
--
I only speak/write in English so I may not translate well on International posts.
--
jack4ya
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: User group permission to only allow editing content

Post by jack4ya »

Any idea how to batch that proces?
I have 350 pages per language... (times 3 now)

Return to “The Lounge”