Caching Problems I think

The place to talk about things that are related to CMS Made simple, but don't fit anywhere else.
zimmo
Forum Members
Forum Members

Caching Problems I think

Post by zimmo »

Hi All,

I am a massive lover of CMSMS and have been using it for a couple of years now. One thing I do alot of is develop websites under a domain name before switching to the real domain name.

For example I use a domain.com for developing cmsms websites and then once they are ready to go live I switch the domain etc.. but I have a feeling that the development domain is caching things as I find lots of problems when developing a new website.

I have emptied the cache etc.. but is there anything else I need to do. The things I find not working right are the quick file uploads, when I select the folder to work in it will not switch to that folder. I had to use another browser for it to work, is there a preference I need to delete?

Also, I have noticed other strange occurrences when working on the backend, images I have uploaded are not available in the file picker, I have to quit the browser session and relaunch to see them.

Has anyone any ideas?

Thanks
barry
Jeff
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: Caching Problems I think

Post by Jeff »

If it is fixed by shutting down the browser and openning it up again (or using another browser), then is sounds like it is an issue with browser cache or cookie.

You can try turning off the browser cache or clearing it and any cookie tied to the domain.

Thanks,
Jeff
zimmo
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by zimmo »

Well this has now got even worse. I have cleared the cache, both on cms and on the browser, I have now problems with google chrome.

When I upload an image now via the quick uploader it goes fine, but when I try and add an image from the cms editor into the content, the image I have just uploaded is not there?

I have to delete the cache again, quit the browser and start over and then I can see the image for selection. Why does anyone know is this happening?
andre_designer
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by andre_designer »

clear cms cache!!???

is your path to your image correct!!??
do the image exist??
where/ in what kind of folder uploaded you your image??

There is a different if you upload your image in the image-manager or with the file manager ( some folders are not visable/approachable from/ with the content-editor) so it depends when your have uploaded your image!!
velden
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by velden »

Any chance it's related to this bug? http://dev.cmsmadesimple.org/bug/view/10170

Return to “The Lounge”