Adding CMSMS to site results in CPU 100%

The place to talk about things that are related to CMS Made simple, but don't fit anywhere else.
jasnick
Power Poster
Power Poster

Adding CMSMS to site results in CPU 100%

Post by jasnick »

All day I have been trying to work on a new site in a test environment. This site has only 1 in production at the moment and I am trying to add another. I have had up to 6 new sites in this test directory all working well, but at the moment, after the CMCMS installs and I am trying to edit templates etc, the CPU goes to 100% and I cannot work at all. That is, I can edit a template - sometimes - but cannot "View site" as it won't load and times out. I uninstalled and re-installed 3 times to no avail.

I have contacted the host and they are saying stuff like "single spikes in usage are attributed to spikes in traffic, poorly optimized plugins and themes, outdated, or poorly written plugins, modules, and components are the most common reason for resource abuse issues as well as security issues".

As everything on this site is up to date and recently installed I don't think this is the reason. I have added no modules - it is CMSMS out of the box.

Does anyone have any ideas as to where I might look for a solution?

Thanks
Jeff
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: Adding CMSMS to site results in CPU 100%

Post by Jeff »

I have the same issue. When I edit a template and then go to view the site, the FIRST load take a long time and will time out the browser. After that the following page loads are quick.

For me since it is only the first page load I don't see it as a big problem(while I presume Smarty is compiling all the templates), I know to view the site to compile the template, and I let it process through and then everything works good.

Thanks,
Jeff

Return to “The Lounge”