Tip needed to publish text and photo sumamry to LinkedIn

The place to talk about things that are related to CMS Made simple, but don't fit anywhere else.
Mich-adg
Forum Members
Forum Members

Tip needed to publish text and photo sumamry to LinkedIn

Post by Mich-adg »

Hi,
actually i need to copy/paste articles detail url from cmsms to my linkedin and facebook wall. I have a problem because only a summary text is showing, not the thumbs of the images that are in the article (images, iframe etc. > no one is detected!).
So any help is welcome! Thx ::)
velden
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Tip needed to publish text and photo sumamry to LinkedIn

Post by velden »

Mich-adg
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by Mich-adg »

Hi, thanks for the link!
With addition of open graphs tags it's better now :) The strange thing is that the latest news article won't display the thumb (older news are fine, and on Facebook lastest and olders are fine too!). Perhaps a cache problem on LinkedIn ? (i tried so many copy and paste in LinkedIn of the same url !!)...
velden
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by velden »

Give the latest news article a new url (change title?) and you will know. Facebook debug tool will clear facebook's cache. But I'm not aware of such a tool for LinkedIn.
Mich-adg
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by Mich-adg »

ok thanks. I've been in FB debug tool (as said on many forums), it's a cool tool. Previously i checked and validate the html5 code of my article (the only error i have is on the images because of rel=Lightbox[number] code). What i did new is adding a special field for an image in each article, and adding th og tags. The thing i don't undesrtand is that on a Wordpress article without og tags and special image field, the content and images in it are perfectly showing in FB and LinkedIn!

Return to “The Lounge”