How to display daily changing lunch

The place to talk about things that are related to CMS Made simple, but don't fit anywhere else.
Elke
Forum Members
Forum Members

How to display daily changing lunch

Post by Elke »

Hi there

a butcher offers three different meals every day, from Monday to Friday. The meals are displayed like this at the moment http://metzger-heinrich.de/mittagstisch.php
The butcher has a nice backend right now (see screenshot), where he has a list of all meals, he can create new meals or change existing ones and he can choose the meals for each day just by clicking. We cannot keep the existing solution as it will not work with php5.

With the new website I want to find a solution within CMSMS. The butcher should be able to choose the meals from a list. Then the weekly meals also should be printable.
It would be really great if the meals for next week also could be displayed (like in the solution right now).

I have looked through some modules like news, cataloger and products but they do not seem to be suitable. Has anyone a hint, what module would be good for this?

Thanks in advance
Elke
Attachments
this is what the backend looks like right now. Nice and easy for the user.
this is what the backend looks like right now. Nice and easy for the user.
uniqu3

Re: How to display daily changing lunch

Post by uniqu3 »

Look at ListItExtended Module http://dev.cmsmadesimple.org/projects/listit2
Elke
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by Elke »

Vielen Dank! Habe mir das mal unter dem Link angeschaut, aber kann das auch Items anzeigen oder verstecken? Sprich ich lege eine lange Liste mit 100 Gerichten an und der Metzger kann dann immer nur auswählen?

Und wenn ich das installiere, nehme ich die xml-Datei oder alle Dateien, die in dem zip-file sind? Sorry, kenne mich da nicht so aus. Habe das gezippte File heruntergeladen und dahinter stecken ja jede Menge Dateien. Wenn ich aber im Backend ein neues Modul hochladen will, geht es nur über eine xml.

Habe Angst, mir das CMS zu zerschießen, daher die Fragen.

Viele Grüße
Elke
Elke
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by Elke »

Hi again

sorry to bother again. I installed the module (listit2 - hope it is the same) and it helps to create lists, but it has not the function I am looking for. I would like to create a list with all the menus and prices. Then my client should be able to choose, what menu he offers on which day of the week, e.g.

Monday
Menu1
Price Menu 1

Menu 2
Price Menu2

Menu 3
Price Menu 3

Tuesday
some thing
... and so on

And he should be able to change the existing menus and prices and to create new menus.

Does anyone have a hint or has done this before?

Thank you
Elke
uniqu3

Post by uniqu3 »

Well what you need is plan "how" :-)

ListIt2 has categories so without knowing how exactly your data should look like or be displayed, i would probably do weekdays as Categories and Items would be menus.

I think your client should be able to handle entering new "meal" as item and selecting category as weekday.

To handle when what is displayed, you have "Time Control" checkbox for each item, so that should be fairly easy to enable and select date when a meal is available.

You could also create Categories by month and subcategories by weekday so you could basically use {$smarty.now} to output Category dynamically by month in your template.

Code: Select all

{if $smarty.now|date_format:'%B' == 'January'}
    {ListIt category="`$smarty.now|date_format:'%B'`"}
{/if} 
I hope you get the idea, a bit of trying and playing around should get you to your goal.
Elke
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by Elke »

Thanks, I will try this! Really need a bit more thinking here... I will keep you posted.
Elke
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by Elke »

Hi

I am getting closer!
http://wennekamp-webdesign.de/metzgerh/ ... ?page=test

The question now is, how can I create headers for Monday, Tuesday and so on? I tried via creating an item, but it has the same size then as the other headers plus the names of the categories (Category, Menübeschreibung, Preis and so on) show.
I did not find a way in the help section to not display them. Or to create items with no extra fields. Any idea maybe here? I would like those field names not to appear in general.

Thanks a lot for your help so far!
Elke
Elke
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by Elke »

Closing this topic as no solution can be found. I contacted a developer of this module for a paid solution.

Return to “The Lounge”