Firefox HTML VALIDATOR (based on Tidy and OpenSP)

The place to talk about things that are related to CMS Made simple, but don't fit anywhere else.
mahjong

Re: Firefox HTML VALIDATOR (based on Tidy and OpenSP)

Post by mahjong »

Piratos wrote:With 0.83.1 - so the Developer, the Extension should deliver the same output as the w3 validator , but that is not true.
Please, learn how to use the extension before making random comments. Evidently, you haven't found this obvious setting: Options...->Algorythm->SGML Parser and haven't read the dialog that explained at installation the importance of this setting. Your opinion is based more on your lack of understanding how this extension should be operated, than how it truly performes.
I have no advabtage with such a tool
Of course, you don't know how to use it. ::)
the original w3 validator ist the best way and it works
... and it's fully integrated into Firefox' validator. It is the same algorithm program than the one running on validator.w3.org. 100% identical.
Dr.CSS

Post by Dr.CSS »

I've called it out in the CSS, and you are right about the h3 with strong on the outside.
mahjong

Post by mahjong »

This is my last post about this extension. I feel I'm wasting my time.

The user manual is at http://users.skynet.be/mgueury/mozilla/user_guide.html
and more general info can be found at http://users.skynet.be/mgueury/mozilla/new_install.html
nils73
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by nils73 »

Piratos,

they do not show similar errors because they are different. So are W3C-Validator and Validome-Validator. But that does not mean that W3C is always right and others are always wrong - in fact often enough it is the other way round ... so you should validate with as many tools as possible. And not everyone is capable of having a local-validation service ... so the Firefox plugin comes in handy. I keep using it and it saves me a lot of work.

Regards,
Nils
Piratos

Post by Piratos »

The original validator from the w3c works with perl and Opensp, but has much more ddt's and the ddt by itself has more content as the ff plugin.  So it look as the ff plugin cannot have the same results because the ddt's are different or smaller.

customers need a standard to check validation  and w3c is the only standard that is accepted by all in the world, because w3c defines the rules and not the authors of any other programm or plugin.
they can have the same results as the w3c if the program  is working complete with the same rules and ddt's but they have not.

Everyone can use it but everyone can use tools like the ff plugin or others but he must have as a result where the w3c validator says "it is ok now", so i mean the last check should be with the w3c validator , because these results are accepted.

if you have the w3c validator local there is no need to use a plugin to get not 100% correct results.

Return to “The Lounge”