Oracle

Discuss, ask and suggest about Usability and Accessability with CMS Made Simple
piotr22
Forum Members
Forum Members

Oracle

Post by piotr22 »

Hi

I have a problem. I would like to try CMSmadesimle on Oracle database. Is't possible?  How can I do this?
cyberman

Re: Oracle

Post by cyberman »

Current CMSms version does not support oracle. And Current adodb lite does not support oracle too (no driver), so you have to switch to AdoDB (slower). And it's not tested too if CMSms will works right.

But I know you wanna try it - sounds very interesting.

Have not access to oracle but perhaps this will work:

1. Create a CMSms installation normally with mysql.
2. Export CMSms database
3. Import database into an oracle one (is it possible?)
4. Get currentAdoDB version from http://adodb.sourceforge.net/ and copy it to /lib folder.
5. change config.php

Code: Select all

$config['dbms'] = 'mysql';
to

$config['dbms'] = 'oracle';
and

$config['use_adodb_lite'] = true;
to

$config['use_adodb_lite'] = false;
6. Clear Cache

I like to hear your skills ...
robert

Post by robert »

hi,

why not try OleDB or DBexpress?
Pierre M.

Post by Pierre M. »

Why not try oracle.com/products/middleware/content-management/web-content-management.html ?-)
kidding me...
Pierre M.
fredt
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by fredt »

So, were you successful ?
RQ

Post by RQ »

CMSMS seems to work (well... I'm testing it now) with Oracle using configuration like this:

define('ADODB_ASSOC_CASE', 0);         # required to get table and column names in lowercase
$config['dbms'] = 'oci8po';            # ADOdb calls it "portable version of oci8 driver"
$config['db_hostname'] = false;        # read adodb-oci8.inc.php for more info about connection modes
$config['db_username'] = 'scheme_name';
$config['db_password'] = 'password';
$config['db_name'] = 'service_name';   # from tnsnames.ora
$config['use_adodb_lite'] = false;
However, I must note that some table/sequence names are really long, and Oracle seems to have a 30 char limit for names. For example, a string 'cms_additional_htmlblob_users_seq' is 33 characters, which is too long, so in order to not have problems with this sequence, one must not set a very short table prefix (max. 1 character).

Furthermore, I cannot create new Content pages. With debugging turned on, I get following warnings when trying to create content:
Warning: ociexecute() [function.ociexecute]: OCIStmtExecute: ORA-01841: (full) year must be between -4713 and +9999, and not be 0 in /path/to/cmsms/lib/adodb/drivers/adodb-oci8.inc.php on line 1026

adodb_oci8po._execute(INSERT INTO cms_content (content_id, content_name, content_alias, type, owner_id, parent_id, template_id, item_order, hierarchy,..., Array[23]) % line  765, file: adodb-oci8.inc.php
  adodb_oci8po.execute(INSERT INTO cms_content (content_id, content_name, content_alias, type, owner_id, parent_id, template_id, item_order, hierarchy,..., Array[23]) % line 1130, file: class.content.inc.php
content.insert() % line  943, file: class.content.inc.php
content.save() % line  287, file: addcontent.php

Warning: ociexecute() [function.ociexecute]: OCIStmtExecute: ORA-00933: SQL command not properly ended in /path/to/cmsms/lib/adodb/drivers/adodb-oci8.inc.php on line 1026

adodb_oci8po._execute(SELECT * FROM cms_module_search_items WHERE
                  extra_attr = ? AND content_id = ? LIMIT 1, Array[2]) % line  765, file: adodb-oci8.inc.php
      adodb_oci8po.execute(SELECT * FROM cms_module_search_items WHERE
                  extra_attr = ? AND content_id = ? LIMIT 1, Array[2]) % line  408, file: Search.module.php
  search.doevent(Core, ContentEditPost, Array[1]) % line  129, file: class.events.inc.php
events.sendevent(Core, ContentEditPost, Array[1]) % line  955, file: class.content.inc.php
content.save() % line  287, file: addcontent.php
Last edited by RQ on Fri May 18, 2007 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kermit
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by kermit »

what i'm curious to know.. is how does performance compare to mysql or postgre?
eternity (n); 1. infinite time, 2. a seemingly long or endless time, 3. the length of time it takes a frozen pizza to cook when you're starving.
4,930,000,000 (n); 1. a very large number, 2. the approximate world population in 1986 when Microsoft Corp issued its IPO. 3. Microsoft's net profit (USD) for the quarter (3 months) ending 31 March 2007.
CMSMS migration and setup services | Hosting with CMSMS installed and ready to go | PM me for Info

Return to “[locked] Accessability and Usability”