Admin Keyboard Shortcuts

Discuss, ask and suggest about Usability and Accessability with CMS Made Simple
chilsta
Forum Members
Forum Members

Admin Keyboard Shortcuts

Post by chilsta »

Hello,

I think it would be a great timesaver to have some keyboard shortcuts in the admin interface- there's a fair bit of scrolling to do now that the list of stylesheet options underneath the edit area is longer. When working on a new page there can be a lot of changing, previewing, applying loops- the addition of shortcuts to the preview, apply and save buttons would make my life a lot better :)

Thanks

C*
tsw
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: Admin Keyboard Shortcuts

Post by tsw »

true, there are still some problems with different browsers tho. try to make even three keyboard shortcuts that aren't in use in some browser...

http://www.wats.ca/show.php?contentid=43
chilsta
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by chilsta »

I see!

That's a real shame (and a crazy situation).

Would it be possible to enable and define the access keys in the CMSMS global preferences?

I would imagine that most people use their favourite browser the majority of the time and could always change their setting temporarily if they have to work on another browser.

It could even go as far as having radio button options for the most common browsers, identifying what the keys would be, as well as displaying the currently active shortcuts on or near the post submission buttons (like there is on this forum).

Thanks

C*
tsw
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by tsw »

hmm defining your own keys might even work..

Have to think about this...

Return to “[locked] Accessability and Usability”