How do you log into an existing site.

Discuss, ask and suggest about Usability and Accessability with CMS Made Simple
testok

How do you log into an existing site.

Post by testok »

I am in the process for adding statcounter (a statistics program) to a sites footer and I can't figure out how to log-in as the admin, I've got what I think is the users name and password, but I can't bring up the admin interface to enter them. I must be missing something simple.
I've tried 'nassaubayroofing(dot)com/cms/admin' (sorry if I'm not susposta list the url, know how many forums are)
am I missing something simple?
This is the first time I've ever played with CMS, so I apologize if this is one of those duh questions. I'm not even sure what version it is, it was built early 2012, but not by me...anyway I'm stumped.
Jo Morg
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: How do you log into an existing site.

Post by Jo Morg »

If CMSMS is installed on the site root, and there is no directive on config.php stating otherwise it should be <siteroot>/admin.
"There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary... and those who don't."
* by the way: English is NOT my native language (sorry for any mistakes...).
Code of Condut | CMSMS Docs | Help Support CMSMS
My developer Page on the Forge
GeekMoot 2015 in Ghent, Belgium: I was there!
GeekMoot 2016 in Leicester, UK: I was there!
DevMoot 2023 in Cynwyd, Wales: I was there!
Wishbone
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Wishbone »

Your site has an /admin directory, but it's probably for some other software, as it's trying to read a file that doesn't exist. Do you have access to the file system? Can you browse the directories until you find the right one? /admin is default, but it can be changed.
testok

Post by testok »

Wishbone wrote:Your site has an /admin directory, but it's probably for some other software, as it's trying to read a file that doesn't exist. Do you have access to the file system? Can you browse the directories until you find the right one? /admin is default, but it can be changed.
Thanks for the replies.
Yes I can browse the directory. I've seen the admin file, what should I be looking for?
Jos
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by Jos »

The files listed here should be in the admin directory: http://viewsvn.cmsmadesimple.org/listin ... d625341ef1

Return to “[locked] Accessability and Usability”