Links within stylesheets / documentation

Discuss, ask and suggest about Usability and Accessability with CMS Made Simple
thomahawk
Power Poster
Power Poster

Links within stylesheets / documentation

Post by thomahawk »

Using several past versions of CMSMS I became accustomed to use an additional slash "/file" for the image link within a Stylesheet and it was working with {cms_stylesheet} in the template. (Despite some told me it needs [[root_url]]/).

However, now after installing CMS Made Simple 1.10.3 "Hyacinthe", I find that only [[root_url]]/ works, nothing else.

Honestly, I find it a really not elegant solution having to use full url for things that in fact are located within the website-server. It makes it much harder to set up new templates. And it leads to the problem that this strange requirements have to be explained to new users - but it was not explained in the documentation. Very surprising because for sure this is something so basic that each and any new CMSMS user must stumble upon and fight with this problem, as I did.

I have once before added that information on http://wiki.cmsmadesimple.org/index.php ... tylesheets and I edited it now again to include [[root_url]]/ But this is really the only place where all this is mentioned. Who does not find this will not be able to solve the problem.

However, as I am new to this documentation editing, please check if all is made right.

Greetings,
Thomas
uniqu3

Re: Links within stylesheets / documentation

Post by uniqu3 »

I added short info how to make it easier using full path in stylesheet in WIKI and well dunno about /folder method but ../../folder still works, stylesheet is still cached in the same place.
Wishbone
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Wishbone »

/folder does work if your install is in the web root.

I prefer not to use that, because if I decide to completely re-do a site, and put the old one in a sub-folder, I would have to update the CSS.
Dr.CSS

Post by Dr.CSS »

On a fresh install I like to use 1.9.4.3 first then upgrade to latest, it gives me the ability to use the old {stylesheet} call then when all set is easy to convert to using {cms_stylesheet}...
thomahawk
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by thomahawk »

Thank you all for the input.
../../ did really work, and I added this to the documentation.

Greetings,
Thomas

Return to “[locked] Accessability and Usability”