Two domains routed to CMSMS ?

Discuss, ask and suggest about Usability and Accessability with CMS Made Simple
Recon
Forum Members
Forum Members

Two domains routed to CMSMS ?

Post by Recon »

Hi,

Can I somehow route two domains to CMSMS in that way that both domains are routed to different pages?

Customer have two domains which are running with paralel (duplex? I don't know what is used word in eng). So both domains are now routed to CMSMS and both domains goes to front page. Aim is to use one CMSMS to two website, because there will be same contents, texts and modules with minor differences. I know this can be done, but I don't know how.

examble:
Page hierarcy:

1 Front Page (other domain routed to this)
1.1 Sub pages
1.2 Sub pages

2 Front Page (other domain routed to this)
2.1 Sub pages
2.2 Sub pages

Regards,
-Recon
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Re: Two domains routed to CMSMS ?

Post by calguy1000 »

CMSMS does not (and will not) handle multi-site capabilities in any form.

There is at least one independently developed module that apparently does some work towards this... Your mileage may vary.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
gocreative
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: Two domains routed to CMSMS ?

Post by gocreative »

Yes, I believe the MultiDomain module would be suitable. I've used this in the past, and by using custom page variables (e.g. with AdvancedContent) you could set the menu and page templates to automatically filter based on these settings.

Return to “[locked] Accessability and Usability”