Is it possible to customize parts of CMSMS prior to install?

Discuss, ask and suggest about Usability and Accessability with CMS Made Simple
SpokaneDude
Forum Members
Forum Members

Is it possible to customize parts of CMSMS prior to install?

Post by SpokaneDude »

I plan to make several new sites with CMSMS. It's a real pain in the arse to have to set my preferences for CMSMS and TinyMCE each time.

Always looking for a better way to do it, is there a way to make the "custom changes" to CMSMS preferences and TinyMCE permanent for every install?
Rolf
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: Is it possible to customize parts of CMSMS prior to inst

Post by Rolf »

Is this what you are looking for? http://dev.cmsmadesimple.org/projects/themesms
The module is an improved version of the Theme Manager. It allows you to export and import theme packages consisting of: templates, stylesheets, content pages, module templates, global content blocks, user defined tags, module settings and any files.
- + - + - + - + - + - + -
LATEST TUTORIAL AT CMS CAN BE SIMPLE:
Migrating Company Directory module to LISE
- + - + - + - + - + - + -
scelle
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by scelle »

Try that module. But, if you like to do things "in the good ol' hard way" :) , you could make a brand-new installation, make all the "custom changes" you want and then simply create an "image" of that site (copy all the files and create a database backup).

Then, when a new installation is needed, just transfer files via FTP or File manager provided by your host and 'restore' the database. Naturally, you'd have to make some path and database changes in the Config file.
SpokaneDude
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by SpokaneDude »

Thank you both... I'm going to try Rolf's suggestion first, and if it doesn't get all of the changes, I'll do it the second way...

Return to “[locked] Accessability and Usability”