Language Selection?

Discuss, ask and suggest about Usability and Accessability with CMS Made Simple
DAGATH

Language Selection?

Post by DAGATH »

Folks need help with this and i have searched but cant find an answer.

So i have made a site but i need it in 3 other languages. The Translation needs to be perfect so using a translator program is out of the question.

What i want to do is have the flag selection and allow the user to switch languages at will.

So im using a template downloaded from here.
In the CMS control panel i can add pages so lets say i have 5 top pages,
HOME, CONTACT, etc etc etc
Now if i Duplicate them in Spanish they appear on the menu also :(

So how do i do it that when a user clicks a language button they will be taken to that part of the site with their chosen language?

Again, i need this to be translated perfectly so it will be done by me or an interpretor but it will be properly translated. babel or other programs make very silly errors when they translate so that just wont do.

My thinking was that i would duplicate the template files and change the languages of those. but that will include everything, footer, header, css, template, menu template, search template etc etc I still think this will result in the menu having a button for every page i add.

Another thought was to have separate CMS's but that is probably crazy?

there must be an easier way to do this? Surly? This is driving me nutts at the moment. If anyone can give a suggestion or at least point me in the right direction, i would be very grateful

Cheers
uniqu3

Re: Language Selection?

Post by uniqu3 »

Your best bet would be using MLE CMS Module http://dev.cmsmadesimple.org/projects/mlecms
DAGATH

Re: Language Selection?

Post by DAGATH »

uniqu3 wrote:Your best bet would be using MLE CMS Module http://dev.cmsmadesimple.org/projects/mlecms
uniqu3 Big thanks for the reply. It is actually your bizbuzz template i am using so having you reply is a big result for me!

Im gona have a look at that now and i will report back when i know more.

Cheers!

Return to “[locked] Accessability and Usability”