Making tag/module help more readable

Discuss, ask and suggest about Usability and Accessability with CMS Made Simple
calonthar

Making tag/module help more readable

Post by calonthar »

I often use the help texts of the official tags and modules to lookup parameters when deploying a new CMSMS installation for one of my customers. I really like CMSMS and have done lots of projects with it, but one of the issues I'm not satisfied are the help texts. Especially the list of parameters for the tags is difficult to read, especially when there are lot of parameters and one is looking for a specific one.
I have therefore began to revise the structure of some of the tag help texts which I use most often, please see the attached images. As for the moment, i just edited the lang files in admin/lang/..., added the html code for the table of parameters and patched any of my CMSMS installation manually after installation. I'm now planning to create a simpler system where for each module one can define an array or xml structure of respective help texts for each parameter, and the table would be generated automatically.

What to you think of an overhauled help text design and of the idea to bring more structure into the help text definitions?
Attachments
CMS_Selflink Tag Help
CMS_Selflink Tag Help
Content_Image Tag Help
Content_Image Tag Help
Content Tag Help
Content Tag Help
Last edited by calonthar on Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
uniqu3

Re: Making tag/module help more readable

Post by uniqu3 »

I would suggest to post new FR http://dev.cmsmadesimple.org/feature_request/list/6

Paste your code to that solution and steps what you have changed, assign it to DrCSS as i believe he does style changes and it might get accepted.

Return to “[locked] Accessability and Usability”