[CLOSED]Make the Webmaster owner of all pages

Discuss, ask and suggest about Usability and Accessability with CMS Made Simple
chrisbar
Forum Members
Forum Members

[CLOSED]Make the Webmaster owner of all pages

Post by chrisbar »

Hello,
I have inherited a website made with CMS Made Simple. I use version 1.9.2 now. Still learning, but I want all the pages be owned by the webmaster. In history a lot of pages are owned by a single user. I want to set all pages to the owner Webmaster and then change only a few pages back to different other users. How do I get back to the situation in which the Webmaster owns all the pages???

Kind regards

Chris
Last edited by chrisbar on Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wishbone
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: Make the Webmaster owner of all pages

Post by Wishbone »

You can manually update each page in the admin panel (Content->Pages->[your page]->Options->Owner), or you can change all at once by updating the database directly using phpMyAdmin, or whatever tool your hosting company provides.

Assuming that your table prefix is "cms_" and that your user id (check the cms_users table) is "1", execute the following:

UPDATE cms_content SET owner_id=1

Change "cms_" and "owner_id" to match the values in your setup.
RonnyK
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by RonnyK »

In terms of owning.... If you are member of the admin-group, then you can do all to the pages. No need to be the owner then....

Ronny
chrisbar
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by chrisbar »

I know that I can do anything with all pages beining webmaster Ronny, but the point is; I don't want the other users to own some pages which they own now.
manuel
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: [CLOSED]Make the Webmaster owner of all pages

Post by manuel »

Does anyone happen to know how to set addittionnal editor groups using the mysql db?

How to change the owner_id is clear to me but I can't seem to figure out where to set the addittional editor groups. :-\

Greetings,
Manuel

Return to “[locked] Accessability and Usability”