Changing install directory

Discuss, ask and suggest about Usability and Accessability with CMS Made Simple
netmed
Forum Members
Forum Members

Changing install directory

Post by netmed »

Hi

I have searched the forum for this answer but don't think any replies apply to my problem, unless I am being thick. I installed CMSMS into a directory in the root folder called /test/ now having been satisfied would like to move it or rename that directory to /main/ I have changed all the relevant paths in the config file from /test/ to /main/ and it works fine apart from the images don't show, would really appreciate any help on this.

Thanks in a advance

John
M@rtijn
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: Changing install directory

Post by M@rtijn »

Did you also change the folder path in the .htaccess file?

Code: Select all

#Sub-dir e.g: /cmsms
RewriteBase /
Where are these images stored? I presume in the uploads folder, are you sure you have changed *all* references in the config.php file?

Code: Select all

$config['root_url']
$config['root_path']
$config['previews_path']
$config['uploads_path']
$config['image_uploads_path']
Make your community a better place!
netmed
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by netmed »

Hi

thanks for the speedy reply, much appreciated. It isn't the images stored in the upload/image folder, these are intact it is the images in the upload/ngray/folder that don't show - the logoCMS.png etc.

With regard to the .htaccess file I installed CMSMS from within my host's control panel so that reads, strangely enough

# Switch rewrite engine off in case this was installed under HostPay.
RewriteEngine Off

SetEnv DEFAULT_PHP_VERSION 5

Does that make it any clearer.

John
Wishbone
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Wishbone »

Check the HTML source. What URL is it showing for the images?
netmed
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by netmed »

It shows the base URL as /main/ and when I load the page and navigate everything is fine its only when I refresh the page the logo and template images disappear - its strange. It wouldnt be anything to do with the Cache would it?

John
Wishbone
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Wishbone »

If the URL to the images is correct, I don't think it is a cache issue. Once you have verified that these files actually exist, try entering the URL to the image in the browser and see what comes up.

Just to confirm, did both the URL and the Linux path change? I sometimes will make a copy of my site in a different folder before doing an upgrade. Once everything is working, I update my 'add-on domains' section in CPanel to say that my base URL now points to this other directory. In that case, the Linux path changes, but the URL does not.
netmed
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by netmed »

Hi Wishbone

I cant find the reference to those template images anywhere. The paths are correct because all the images in uploads/images are showing ok but none of the template images in uploads/ngrey show up at all. What I have done to remedy this is recreate the /test/ directory and copy the upload folder into that and by doing that everything works fine but there must be reference to to that path somewhere, perhaps someone will know.

thanks for your time buddy

John
replytomk3

Post by replytomk3 »

CLEAR CACHE

Return to “[locked] Accessability and Usability”