Mass Email and Login options?

Discuss, ask and suggest about Usability and Accessability with CMS Made Simple
casa

Mass Email and Login options?

Post by casa »

I'm looking for a CMS to use for a high school basketball team website. Two things that have been requested are:

1. To be able to send out emails to each team (Freshman, JV, Varsity) and to the group as a whole.

2. To be able to have a parents only area that requires a login.

Are either of these features available in CMS made simple. I've looked at Joomla! and Modx, but CMS Made Simple looks to be closer to what I need than the other two. I need something that another parent can easily pick up when my son (who's a senior) graduates. I've found a site that has a menu done the way I want it, and I really like the valid XHTML that this site produces. My site contains no tables and will only have tables in places like schedules and rosters which are appropriate places to have them.

Thanks,
Alisa
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Re: Mass Email and Login options?

Post by calguy1000 »

Both of these features are available via addon modules.

The NewsLetterMadeSimple module for mass mailing

and a combination of the FrontendUsers, and CustomContent modules for a login area.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
casa

Re: Mass Email and Login options?

Post by casa »

Thanks... That's great news!

Return to “[locked] Accessability and Usability”