3 small improvements I would love to see

Talk about new features for CMSMS and modules.
Hupi
Forum Members
Forum Members

3 small improvements I would love to see

Post by Hupi »

Hi all,

I am using CMSMS now about 5 years on different projects/sites and really appreciate what you guys are doing. Thank you.

Now there are the 3 things I would love to see implemented/improved, just because they are somewhat annoying (at least for me :-) and probably they would not take too much effort to be improved.

A) Please add the "duplicate button (copy this page)" to the News module for articles. It is available in the Content Manager and in the Layout section but missing for the News articles. I often create copies of existing articles and modify them. Doing it in 2 windows with copy/paste takes lot of time and is annoying ;-)

B) News module / Filters / Page Limit (default = 10). I often switch between Categories using the Filters and always I want to see more then 10, so I have to constantly switch the Page Limit to higher number. Would it not be possible to have somewhere a default setting which is adjusting that value to my liking? Then users could set the default to 250 (example). Done.

C) Size of code and text/content boxes in all modules & views (vertical on screen size) is always too small (for my liking). Whenever I edit content or code snippets, first thing I have to do is pulling the bottom left corner of any of the input boxes to see enough content in vertical direction. The input boxes are always too small for me. Now I get it, some people may like it as it is, but I guess many users may have the same issue with it as I do. Therefore, would it not be possible to have somewhere a default setting which is adjusting that vertical size value to my liking? Then users could set the default to 50 lines, 500px (or whatever measurement unit to be used). Done.

Thanks a lot for your time of reading this and for maybe taking it into consideration for some future update.

BR
Hupi
Hupi
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: 3 small improvements I would love to see

Post by Hupi »

Hi all,

I wrote this post 7 months ago and get not 1 response on this from any of the developers on item A & B ?????? Really ??????

I really urgently request these changes to be implemented, because it absolutely drives me crazy here. There have been several releases since I posted it and I guess it would be not a big thing to have this included.

@all developers: if you don't want to include this changes, then please (at least) state it here, so I know what is going on.

Sorry for my angry tone, but this small things really drive me crazy ..........

BR Hupi :-[
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: 3 small improvements I would love to see

Post by DIGI3 »

This forum is more for discussing and brainstorming feature ideas, perhaps finding flaws or workarounds before submitting them as actual feature requests in the forge. That doesn't mean the Dev Team are going to reply to every post, it's a community forum for discussion in the community.

We do go through FR's in the Forge when working towards major releases. Some get included, some don't.

With regards to these:
A & B: A full replacement module for News was created for the 2.3 beta, but its future is now uncertain. It did not include a way to migrate, and the majority of the team felt that wasn't acceptable, so has been shelved for now. When other more pressing issues have been dealt with this will be revisited. For now, it's unlikely features will be added to the existing News module until a plan forward is made.

C: There's a few posts about how to easily change this in extcss, see viewtopic.php?f=7&t=82488&p=346345 for example. That said, I think it would help most users to improve this (monitors have gotten bigger since this theme was made) so feel free to submit an FR: http://dev.cmsmadesimple.org/feature_request/list/6
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options

Return to “Feature ideas”