Icon font in default admin theme

Talk about new features for CMSMS and modules.
scooper
Forum Members
Forum Members

Icon font in default admin theme

Post by scooper »

One of the first things I nearly always do when building a module is to include an icon font or svgs so I can use better looking scalable icons in the admin interface. Frankly the current gif icons in OneEleven are looking a bit tired imo.

I assume it would be fairly straightforward to include a icon font such as font-awesome or material icons into the admin template and update the {admin_icon} tag to generate the correct markup (with a fallback to the image if you pass an image param).

Maybe the html markup that's in the admin_icon plugin be moved to a template so that that the choice of icon-font could be theme dependant (although I'm all for not giving users too much choice).
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Re: Icon font in default admin theme

Post by calguy1000 »

It's already been planned and an admin theme using fontawesome is done... it was just too late in the development cycle to do it for CMSMS 2.2
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
scooper
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: Icon font in default admin theme

Post by scooper »

That's really good to hear.

I have to say that the work you and the other devs have been putting in recently has been fantastic. External editing, a filepicker and now font-awesome tick off the top three items on my wish list. It's all really appreciated.

s.

Return to “Feature ideas”