Disable MicroTinyMCE checkbox

Talk about new features for CMSMS and modules.
waltertakashi
Forum Members
Forum Members

Disable MicroTinyMCE checkbox

Post by waltertakashi »

Hi! I'd like to suggest a checkbox button where would be possible to disable MicroTinyMCE on the fly.

It's because it automatically adds a 'p' tag even when I delete it from the code view mode.

Thank you!

Walter
JohnnyB
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Disable MicroTinyMCE checkbox

Post by JohnnyB »

TinyMCE has some more advanced features like an on/off checkbox. I believe the module's developer is working on a release for 2.0

In the meantime, you can disable it under the Options tab while editing a page, or use the "Source Code" view under Tools to edit those tags out.

But, keep in mind that a content page's default block cannot be empty when trying to save your changes.
"The art of life lies in a constant readjustment to our surroundings." -Okakura Kakuzo

--
LinkedIn profile
--
I only speak/write in English so I may not translate well on International posts.
--
waltertakashi
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by waltertakashi »

JohnnyB wrote:TinyMCE has some more advanced features like an on/off checkbox. I believe the module's developer is working on a release for 2.0

In the meantime, you can disable it under the Options tab while editing a page, or use the "Source Code" view under Tools to edit those tags out.

But, keep in mind that a content page's default block cannot be empty when trying to save your changes.
Hi Johnny! Yes, I used to use TinyMCE and this resource before.

I'm doing exactly what you suggested, disabling under options tab. I tried to delete the 'p' tag in "Source code" view, but it reappears automatically. Other tags can be deleted normally, but this not, at least didn't work for me.

Thank you!
JohnnyB
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by JohnnyB »

You can create a custom tinymce_config.js file by copying the one that comes with MicroTiny. There are tinymce 'rules' that can disable automatically forcing a new paragraph. Check out the TinyMCE version 4 documents for the tiny.init()

You create a custom tinymce_config.js file by using the same "module_custom/MicroTiny/templates" method described here for module templates in the Admin: http://docs.cmsmadesimple.org/customizi ... -templates
"The art of life lies in a constant readjustment to our surroundings." -Okakura Kakuzo

--
LinkedIn profile
--
I only speak/write in English so I may not translate well on International posts.
--
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

The wysiwyg editor can be disabled
a: for individual content blocks by specifying it in the template
b: for the entire content page
c: for the user

So there's really no need to have any more mechanisms.

If you are going to be putting your own design elements into a content area then you really aren't expecting a non-designer/developer user to be editing that content. or at least you shouldn't be. so you can disable the wysiwyg for that content page and not allow your editors to edit it.

If you are allowing content editors to edit the content of a page then the <p> tags are a good idea.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
Dr.CSS

Post by Dr.CSS »

Unless they are adding a module tag like {News} where MT will wrap it in a <p> no matter what you do...
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

and a call to a module like {News} is a design element. that's part of your design. A content editor should not be expected to know that stuff or deal with it. and therefore prolly shouldn't be editing that page.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.

Return to “Feature ideas”