Ability to filter Content Pages list

Talk about new features for CMSMS and modules.
gocreative
Power Poster
Power Poster

Ability to filter Content Pages list

Post by gocreative »

It would be very handy, particularly for sites with a lot of pages, if the Pages list in Content > Pages could be filtered/searched.

I suggest two additions to the top of this page:

1. A search box with real-time filtering (e.g. starting typing "about" and only pages with a Title, Alias or URL containing "about" would be shown).

2. A drop-down (or checkboxes) which has the following options:

a) All Page Types
b) Content Pages
c) Internal Page Links
d) Redirecting Links
e) Section Headers
d) Error Pages

The main reason I suggest the second option is so that the Redirecting Links can be used as 301 Redirects without having to display all of them in the page list at all times.

As an alternative to the second option, a section in the CMS which allows the user to enter old / new URLs rather than using Redirecting Links as 301 redirects would be very helpful. It saves manually editing .htaccess files and perhaps the process could be automated somewhat so that any existing page that is renamed at least 24 hours after it was created would be automatically set up as a redirect. And if any other existing page is now using that URL, that redirect rule is ignored.

Hopefully this makes sense. Just something that I believe is very important should ideally be in the core of the CMS since it's not strictly related to SEO; it's about making a website that doesn't "break" when users don't understand the implications of their actions (e.g. deleting or changing URLs of pages).
Rolf
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: Ability to filter Content Pages list

Post by Rolf »

I think 2.0 already has (some of) these features.
Try to setup an install from the svn and you can test it ;)
- + - + - + - + - + - + -
LATEST TUTORIAL AT CMS CAN BE SIMPLE:
Migrating Company Directory module to LISE
- + - + - + - + - + - + -
gocreative
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: Ability to filter Content Pages list

Post by gocreative »

Sweet. Thanks!

Return to “Feature ideas”