Visitor empowered skinning

Talk about new features for CMSMS and modules.
albleebluetooth

Visitor empowered skinning

Post by albleebluetooth »

Hello from the Philippines. I am wondering if even just very basic visitor-controlled landing page skinning functionality can be implemented via CMSMS.

I mean, just like limited visitor-managed skinning controls the way it was possible to tweak a "My Personalized Yahoo landing page", could CMSMS offer to empower a visitor to "personalize" the Home Page with pre-built color-scheme skin choices and/or limited rearrangement of, say, a vertical top-level menu item sequencing? This way, the quality of visitor experience might be enhanced by a value-added sense (even if somewhat limited) of visitor empowerment over his/her visit experience by having the opportunity to tweak his/her look-and-feel of the homepage, thus reinforcing visitor interest and loyalty? The visitor-tweaked "customized" landing page is then rendered sticky via cookies for succeeding visits.

For example, a magazine type Home Page. The visitor might be able to customize the color scheme (say, 10 choices) and rearrange the top-to-bottom sequencing of the vertical top-level navigation menu (Editor's Choice, Topic 1, Topic 2, Topic 3, Topic 4, Topic, 5, etc).

Thanks. And apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere and I just missed it, or I posted at wrong discussion room.

Regards to all.

Albert Lee

Return to “Feature ideas”