My SQL/Site Backup feature

Talk about new features for CMSMS and modules.
TripleFive

My SQL/Site Backup feature

Post by TripleFive »

Hello:

I have installed CMS Made Simple. It didn't seem simple at first but I really caught on. and LOVE IT!!

I have also installed a CMS/My SQL DB Driven Shopping card application that offered a SQL Backup (import/export) feature.

I am not extremely familiar with SQL but think it would help drive CMS Made Simple (even if it had a regular backup feature that would weekly/monthly export and save a list of SQL exports on server as a regular backup with options to do a backup BEFORE doing some major overhauling to the site (sort of like MS Windows Restore points that can revert back to an earlier version if the system becomes corrupt). Also to have a link to the file backed up so I could download a SQL Backup file.

It would also be COOL to have either a designated folder (or better, a spot to build a list of file names and paths to the file) so that if I were to do a MAJOR update, I could click 'backup data' link in the back end that would read the list of files and locations to backup (which is a list of images, SWF Files, and other content entered in the path) and spit out a ZIP File that I can store for future restoration.

With the two, I could then hit export SQL (and save offline) and backup data (and save offline) do a reinstall, upgrade, or if system crashes, to be able to click 'import SQL' and 'Import Data' (even built into the install so instead of building a default SQL DB, it could ask me if I have a backup it should setup, or use the default setup).

What do you think about this?
Wishbone
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: My SQL/Site Backup feature

Post by Wishbone »

There are one or two backup/recovery modules, but I'm not sure how up-to-date they are.

Return to “Feature ideas”