Continue support for PHP Layers - please!

Talk about new features for CMSMS and modules.
jab
Forum Members
Forum Members

Continue support for PHP Layers - please!

Post by jab »

I' m not sure why PHP Layers stopped being supported and updated. It is the only menu that has reliably worked in IE and Firefox. None of the other menus have ever effectively worked in my templates both html and xhtml. Hopefully, the development team will consider bringing it back with just a little more style flexibility. The existing version works but causes browser page errors. Although, the pages still render.  Please consider this request.

-Jab
cyberman

Re: Continue support for PHP Layers - please!

Post by cyberman »

Have you tried Pimenu ?

There you have the freedom to include every existing menu system. Haven't tried it with phplayer but I think it should work too.
jab
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by jab »

Yes, I did try it a while ago. I found it difficult to configure primarily because the instructions were in German. The conversion to English wasn't much help. If there is an updated and easy to understand explanation of how to configure it, I am interest. However, PHP Layers is very simple for the most part and it works.

-Jab
cyberman

Post by cyberman »

If I'm right the current phplayers version is much newer than this one from phplayers module - have you tried the new one?

PS: If I found a little bit time  :-\ I can try to correct the english translation of pimenu ...
jab
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by jab »

I wasn't aware that PHPLayers exited outside of the PHPLayers module. Since I'm not a programmer how would I integrate it into CMSMS?

Thanks for the offer to work on the English translation to pimenu. I would like to try it so if you have time I am intereseted in a revised translation. Thanks!

-Jab
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

The best thing to do going forward would be to make a menu manager template for it.  Then it shouldn't need to be changed again going forward...
cyberman

Post by cyberman »

jab wrote: I wasn't aware that PHPLayers exited outside of the PHPLayers module.
Please look here - phplayers can do much more than it does in module.
Ted wrote: The best thing to do going forward would be to make a menu manager template for it.
Perhaps someone can write a tutorial so also non coders can do/try this ...
Last edited by cyberman on Thu May 04, 2006 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Feature ideas”