killer app? EPK module

Talk about new features for CMSMS and modules.
uptoeleven
Forum Members
Forum Members

killer app? EPK module

Post by uptoeleven »

Hi,

Inspired by Geek Moot (or maybe just inspired by finally recovering from my hangover from the drinking in the evening) I've had an idea.

We should have an EPK module. EPK is electronic press kit. Most of what we need is already there anyway. Sites like Reverbnation charge good money for electronic press kits for bands / media projects / multimedia proposals - eg for our target market which is designers and creative types and we can do ours for free. A typical EPK will have:

1.) Text and graphics that are nicely laid out (we already have this).
2.) The ability to download this text/graphic as a pdf - or maybe an rtf... there must be libraries somewhere we can use.
3.) The ability to stream media through flash - we already have this
4.) The ability to download the media - we already have this
5.) Numerous social bookmarking links - dead easy if we don't already have them
6.) Connection to a calendar of gigs / launch dates / other dates - we already have this
7.) If we're really smart, Google maps to the places of the gigs - we can already do this

I'm really not sure what else. To be honest we already have pretty much all of it in various other modules, it wouldn't take much to wrap it in "EPK" module and announce it as such...
uptoeleven
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: killer app? EPK module

Post by uptoeleven »

I can then market it to my fellow members of the Musician's Union and to managers in the music manager's forum and to promoters and agents I know as a great way to plug their bands - as well as to other bands who might want this sort of thing...

Return to “Feature ideas”