Just some features I´ve implemented in my CMS MS 0.11.2 for discussion

Talk about new features for CMSMS and modules.
LeisureLarry

Just some features I´ve implemented in my CMS MS 0.11.2 for discussion

Post by LeisureLarry »

Some of these features are on the roadmap for the next versions, but because I needed them now, I put them in :-D

I don´t know how they will be implemented therefore this thread is only for discussion what the best possibilities could be.

The following modules/plugins were changed:

EllNav
1) new optional parameter "meta"

News
2) new optional parameter "ret_alias"

function.breadcrumbs.php
3) new optional parameters "news" und "detailsname"

function.cms_selflink.php
4) new optional parameter "href"

function.sitemap.php
5) parameters "delimiter", "initial", "relative", "showall" und "show"

What these parameters are for:

1) With "meta" you can make a second toplevel menu, i.e. meta="alias1,alias2" which would be a menu with this two pages. This parameter won´t be necessary with the next version.

2) With "ret_alias" you´ll tell the news-module in which page it should show its contents. This is important for example for correct breadcrumbs. The next version will have this feature with a different parametername.

3) With "news" you´ll tell the breadcrumbs-plugin which page contains the news-modul (using its alias). I implemented this because on showing the news-details I wanted to be able to return to the news-summary by using the breadcrumbs. The details-page will be shown as subpage of the news-summary. Its name can be changed by "detailsname".

4) Using the selflink-plugin you´ll always get links in this way:
Text
but I needed an image-link. Therefore using "href" with the page-alias you´ll only get the value for href and nothing else (no opening or ending tags).

5) The parameter "relative" was existing but not documented in the help. It turns off the display of the sitemap-page in the sitemap. The parameter "showall" is from the forum/svn and toggles the display of hidden pages in the sitemap. Since for change number 1 I have several hidden pages, but didn´t wanted to display them all in the sitemap, I added the parameter show. As in change number 1 you give a list of hidden pages which should be added to the sitemap. The last two parameters "delimiter" and "initial" are added in order to minimize the height of the sitemap. I´ve only menus with two levels and in the sitemap I wanted the links of the pages on the second level to be shown beside each other and not below. The first parameter sets a string which will be inserted between these links and the second parameter tells whether to start with a delimiter or not.

Greats LeisureLarry

P.S.: If anybody wants to test my changes or see how the results will look, go to www.interiete.de/cmsms and there to "Downloads". It´s a german page, so don´t wonder :-D

And yes I know that it is really slow, I´m searching a new host and will change from my html-page to the cms as soon as I´ve found a better.
Last edited by LeisureLarry on Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LeisureLarry

Re: Just some features I´ve implemented in my CMS MS 0.11.2 for discussion

Post by LeisureLarry »

I noticed today that EllNav has a problem with the xhtml-standard in cases a toplevel entry has no sub level menu. In this cases an empty ul is shown.

For this reason I changed my EllNav php just above "echo $menu;" (near the end) and added:

if (!preg_match("", $menu))
{
$menu = " ";
}

I hope with the new menu system in the next version  there won´t be such errors :-D

Greats Larry
LeisureLarry

Post by LeisureLarry »

I know about your svn and the posting about submitting patches, but at the moment I only want to know whether my ideas are useful :-D
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

All ideas are useful.  :)  Especially if they're just parameters for a tag or module.
LeisureLarry

Post by LeisureLarry »

I´ll wait with submitting until the new version is released or maybe until the beta because most changes are navigation ones.
LeisureLarry

Post by LeisureLarry »

I´ve added a patch for the sitemap plugin to the forge.

Greats from Germany
LeisureLarry
LeisureLarry

Post by LeisureLarry »

Also added a patch for cms_selflink plugin.
LeisureLarry

Post by LeisureLarry »

Both patches are in the svn now. Just see the help in the admin panel for further informations.

Greats Larry
LeisureLarry

Post by LeisureLarry »

Yes, if it wasn´t raining :D

Return to “Feature ideas”