Multi-site

Talk about new features for CMSMS and modules.
lemkepf
Forum Members
Forum Members

Multi-site

Post by lemkepf »

I know it's listed on the to-do list for post 1.0... but i'd really like to see multi-site functionality. :) My webhost is holding off having it as an "install on demand app" because it doesn't work well with multi site stuff... especially upgrades.

Pm me if you want to hear some more of my ideas. :) Thanks again for all the hard work!
Paul
lemkepf
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: Multi-site

Post by lemkepf »

We'll your "multi-site" might be different from mine.

My "multi-site" is allowing users on a virtual web hosting company to utilizie the same "files" but all have different cache and db's to store all the stuff. The issues i'd need addressed is a way to "update" all modules and "upgrade" the install automatically from one spot without the users intervention.

See threads here:
http://forum.cmsmadesimple.org/index.ph ... 298.0.html
And here:
http://forum.cmsmadesimple.org/index.ph ... 265.0.html
bclark

Post by bclark »

....and this is slightly different to my requirements.  In my workplace (i have used cmsmadesimple on extracurricular sites) we actively update (for a fee) about 2500 sites - all distributed across different ISPs, and some that we host.  Id love to use cmsmadesimple on all of these sites, but am thinking i may have to overlook it for a more robust (and possibly, more complex....urgh) CMS that can export content to other sites via FTP (or something similar)
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

Well, the theme manager may help you bclark, it allows templates and stylesheets to be exported as xml, and re-imported, but there is no automation setup for that yet.  and that doesn't include content.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
bclark

Post by bclark »

oops - forgot to mention that while i have some different requirements to lemkepf, they are additional to the ones he mentioned.

Return to “Feature ideas”