Support for multi language sites

Talk about new features for CMSMS and modules.
Tom30

Support for multi language sites

Post by Tom30 »

Hi!

Please add support for multi language sites.

Something with language switching by clicking on country flags. 8)

Suggestion for the URL schema:

site/ => default language, e.g. English (make an optional language chooseable as default)
site/fr/ => optional language, e.g. French
site/de/ => optional language, e.g. German
site/en/ => optional language, e.g. English (so it can be reached by two addresses)

For a start it would be nice to have exactly the same pages in each language (just duplicate them from the original ones). After that they can be translated.

What do you think about that suggestion? I think it is a must-have for a good CMS.

Thanks for all your work!
Tom30

Re: Support for multi language sites

Post by Tom30 »

Thanks for your answer.

So, I'm looking forward to this post 1.0 change!

Mmh, but what CMS can I use for my multi language site, now..?
cyberman

Post by cyberman »

Patricia wrote: Pimenu (by Piratos) also helps doing this,
There are some information / help available (but only in german - please use babelfish or other translation tool)
nils73
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by nils73 »

Tom30,

I could recommend other systems ... but I will not post them here. If you need to know one just send me a message and I will let you know which one I can recommend ... I use quite a lot of different CMS (free or commercial) for a variety of tasks.

But since I do not want to offend the folks here at CMSMS by recommending other software in public, I will only answer a private message. Hope this is okay ... if not, please remove this post.

Regards,
Nils
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

Yeah, I agree on this one.  CMSMS does have some missing functionality and it's probably a little while before it will be there.  I think it's best to help out people in the long run and suggest other systems that might have that crucial feature that we might be lacking still.
nils73
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by nils73 »

I just think of how I came across CMSMS while I was searching for a CMS that is based on Smarty ... that is not so long ago and CMSMS has already achieved a lot. Especially the community is one of the key strength we can offer (did I say we?) ... yet there are still problems to be solved and new features to be added. I absolutely agree.

But I would not recommend other systems here even though I work with quite a bunch of CMS. It is not very polite and so I will praise CMSMS in every way I can. Hail to you wishy, king of CMSMS! :)

Regards,
Nils

PS: And thank you Patricia, you made me blush!

Return to “Feature ideas”