A slightly more accessible Contact Form?

Talk about new features for CMSMS and modules.
Russ
Power Poster
Power Poster

A slightly more accessible Contact Form?

Post by Russ »

I think we need a more accessible contact form. Attached is my current botched attempt of the current one as an example and for ideas.

What's wrong? It's pretty bad code and contains fixed text, links and also tabindex numbers etc. I expect someone you is much better at PHP than me could do a much better job and make a lot of this stuff variable and user configurable. Also for it to work you need some CSS (also attached) and some graphics for the ticks and crosses - also attached in next post.

You can try a working example at:
http://www.cms.shoesforindustry.net/contact.html

Try sending something that isn't valid and then something that is to see the differing results - e-mails come to me and not my daughter so no problem for the moment as I'm just testing.

Hope this helps,
Russ

[attachment deleted by admin]
Last edited by Russ on Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Russ
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: A slightly more accessible Contact Form?

Post by Russ »

And the graphics, was it worth it you may well ask :)

westis

Post by westis »

Thanks a lot Russ!

We'll be working to make all core modules and tags accessible for 1.0, so any help is appreciated! I'll look at your code and update the contact_form tag.

Personally I'd like to see there being a template file where one easily can change the output code, the classes etc. However, the main point with the contact_form tag is for people to insert a contact form that doesn't need any more tweaking, as there is also the Feedback Form module (which in its next generation will later be Form Builder) for more advanced and customizable forms.

Again, thanks for this contribution, we appreciate it!

/Daniel
Russ
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Russ »

Glad to help, hope you can make something out of the mess of code. I was basically trying to merge something I had with the CMS contact form.

One good option would be to make the start tabindex configurable, although I'm a little vague on all this. Basically as I understand it, the tab follows the flow of your links?? If so you may not need tabindexes? or perhaps just specify a start tabindex for the contact form...or not? Actually that is quite a good idea as the other e-mail form tabindexes could be generated from the the first one i .e. the first input field tabindex and if this wasn't specified then it could be set to nothing or a sensible default? Just an idea. It would keep the idea of simplicity but also make it configurable if so required.

It maybe possible to automatically generate the tabindex from the last point in the menu - but perhaps this is getting a little silly - as it depends on your source code layout.

I thought I'd better send a more appropriate stamp for the 'e-mail sent' screen, rather than my daughters :)

Russ

Russ

Return to “Feature ideas”