feature request for 0.12

Talk about new features for CMSMS and modules.
Simon

feature request for 0.12

Post by Simon »

Hello developers,

Thanks for such a nice and easy to use and freely configurable and template cms.
Its cool to design the website and not that the cms gives you only a template and you could only modify the content.

I am blind so I am working with a screen reading software. It works great with cmsms. What is only difficult is when iI want to move a content page to another place in the menu. The difficult thing at that is that i have  to click everytime on the down or up links near the element which should be moved around.
The bad thing at that is when the page gets updated the screen reader jumps at another place of the site and when you have a few content pages around this can be more timeconsuming as you planed before :).

Maybe this solution can help. for example we have now created a few pages and the structure looks like that:

- Home
- Something 1
- Something 2
- Something 3

Now we want to move something 1 down under something 3.
now maybe we can click on the edit button of something 1 and go to a dropdown list where you can select under which page you want move the page. then we select something 3 and something 1 will be moved at the bottom of the structure.

There is an open question now.
What we are doing when we have subelements of some pages?
then maybe we can include a second dropdown list for example:
the page will then we a subelement of the selected page in the dropdown list.

Hope you understand what i mean.

Is that possible to add that in the 0.12 version?

Thanks in advance.

Simon
westis

Re: feature request for 0.12

Post by westis »

Hi Simon,

Thanks a lot for your input! We are working on making CMSMS more accessible and love feedback from people who are using other technologies to browse the web!

We will certainly look into this and see if it's possible to add already to the 0.12 release.

Are there other things that could be improved for blind users? I suppose the main CMSMS site, this forum and the Development Forge are not really very accessible? We'll be reworking this step by step. There's a new site for themes that is in development, that is supposed to comply entirely to accessibility standards.

For 1.0 we will also look more carefully into the Admin Panel. Apart from the moving of pages, what else could be improved to make it easier to use for blind users? And what can be improved with the output, so that the sites made with CMSMS also are accessible.

Well, we're working on this, but if there are certain features that are more urgent and important than others, please let us know.

Again, thanks for the feedback!

/Daniel "westis"
DomasoFan

Re: feature request for 0.12

Post by DomasoFan »

Hi Daniel,
westis wrote: Are there other things that could be improved for blind users? I suppose the main CMSMS site, this forum and the Development Forge are not really very accessible? We'll be reworking this step by step. There's a new site for themes that is in development, that is supposed to comply entirely to accessibility standards.
The site and the forge is accessible enough when i use it for example with my screen reader.
I am using JAWS (Job Access With Speech). But this could be the other way around with other screen readers.
For 1.0 we will also look more carefully into the Admin Panel. Apart from the moving of pages, what else could be improved to make it easier to use for blind users? And what can be improved with the output, so that the sites made with CMSMS also are accessible.
I think the roadmap is on a good way. Its a good idea to get a few accessibility standards and modify so the CMSMS interface.
What we should is adding to all images alt tags which is described in most of the accessibility papers.
But on the end the webmaster of the cmsms created pages is also as well  to look for accessibility. Cause he can modify the templates and pages.
Maybe a few accessibility guidances should be added to the help of cmsms.
Well, we're working on this, but if there are certain features that are more urgent and important than others, please let us know.
Yes I will.
Thanks for answering so fast and that you like accessibility too :).

Simon

Return to “Feature ideas”