Showing stylesheets that are attached to templates

Talk about new features for CMSMS and modules.
dropster
Forum Members
Forum Members

Showing stylesheets that are attached to templates

Post by dropster »

Hi

It would be nice to have the list of attached stylesheets of the template in the template editor - linking the to the stylesheet editor of the stylesheet.

Thanks
Dropster
Dr.CSS

Re: Showing stylesheets that are attached to templates

Post by Dr.CSS »

In the newer versions there is a CSS icon link on the right, near the top...
dropster
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by dropster »

mark wrote: In the newer versions there is a CSS icon link on the right, near the top...
I know but having all CSS Stylesheets listed that are attached to the specific template would just be much faster to navigate to - and give a better view of the template.
RonnyK
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by RonnyK »

Dropster,

I don't get the change you propose! It might be me, being non-English?

Currently stylesheets attached to a template can be shown, using "Layout -> Templates" and then push the CSS-button on the right of the template you wish to see, all attached stylesheets will be shown, and can be edited.

The other way around, showing to which template a given stylesheet is attached (or attach a stylesheet to another template), can be done by "Layout -> Stylesheets" and then press the CSS-button, all templates will be shown.

Where do you think the path can be shortened, as from the templates-view, it is a single-button to show the attached templates. To get there you can even create a "shortcut", to get to the templates by selecting your shortcut and then click the CSS-button.

Ronny
dropster
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by dropster »

RonnyK wrote: Dropster,

I don't get the change you propose! It might be me, being non-English?

Currently stylesheets attached to a template can be shown, using "Layout -> Templates" and then push the CSS-button on the right of the template you wish to see, all attached stylesheets will be shown, and can be edited.

The other way around, showing to which template a given stylesheet is attached (or attach a stylesheet to another template), can be done by "Layout -> Stylesheets" and then press the CSS-button, all templates will be shown.

Where do you think the path can be shortened, as from the templates-view, it is a single-button to show the attached templates. To get there you can even create a "shortcut", to get to the templates by selecting your shortcut and then click the CSS-button.

Ronny
Becuase I finf it easier if i can click on the specific template and go directly to it, and since CSS stylesheets and templates are intertwined I thoiught it would be a nice fast way to go to the specific template without clicking 2-3 times - just saves time.

But its just my opinion and nothing more :)
tsw
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by tsw »

if someone has time (and patience) to write a new tab for template editing named "stylesheets"

or maybe have a expand / collapse stuff like on the pagelist (template would have its stylesheets as children), actually that might be very usable and fast.. I'll add it to 2.0 minors list ;)
Dr.CSS

Post by Dr.CSS »

OFFTopic:

I'd like to add links to the top menu, in admin, to show the children of it, like Users & Groups > Group Permissions with the admin etc. flying out, same with modules, or Content > Add New Content...

Just a few less clicks...

Return to “Feature ideas”