change template in hanging:hanging [solved]

For discussion and questions related to CMS Specific templates and stylesheets (CSS), and themes. or layout issues. This is not a place for generic "I don't know CSS issues"
sage12

change template in hanging:hanging [solved]

Post by sage12 »

Solution: stripped everything down to a bare minimum, and rebuilt the frame. (But my original question was pertaining to "automatic formatting" - "behind the scenes" as the code goes from module to module.)
-------------------------------------------------
Hi,
I am modifying the 3 column layout hanging:hanging (I believe that is the name. As a side note: I know my html/css - this is not a " how do I .... in css" question).

OK: this template consists of a header section, a main section with sidebar 1, content and sidebar 2 (left to right) and a footer section.
The divisions in the main section are the following:
div #page
div #bgtop
div #bgbtm, commented out
div #frame-leftandcontent, inserted by me
div #sidebar1
div #content
div #frame_right
div #sidebar2

the issue I am having, is invisible css formatting behind the scenes. For instance, #bgbtm had to be commented out, since there is a "placeholder" or padding of about 20 px between the left border of #bgbtm and the left border of #frame-leftandcontent which I can't find in the css file.
Now, #frame-leftandcontent holds #sidebar1 plus #content.

#sidebar1 appears to be placed properly at the upper left corner within #frame-leftandcontent; however, #content appears to be rendered outside #frame-leftandcontent. ==> where is that positioning coming from? I could not find any corresponding css files in the directories.

thanks
Dr.CSS

Re: change template in hanging:hanging [solved]

Post by Dr.CSS »

Return to “Layout and Design (CSS & HTML)”