Top Navigation

For discussion and questions related to CMS Specific templates and stylesheets (CSS), and themes. or layout issues. This is not a place for generic "I don't know CSS issues"
rob30

Top Navigation

Post by rob30 »

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, I'm extremely new to all of this so hope this will make sense.

can you associate a design with the section header option in content manger ?

I have a site that was set up by someone else, and I want to change all the top navigation from content pages to section headers but keep the design I have at the moment associated with my content pages.

I might be doing this all wrong, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
velden
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Top Navigation

Post by velden »

A section header is just a content type. It has no design attached as it doesn't display a web page itself.

It's just used in the Navigator Module (menu), obviously to be the parent of one or more other content objects (pages, more section headers etc).
rob30

Post by rob30 »

HI,

Thanks for your reply!

So if I change all the content pages to section headers will this affect the look of my navigation?

I basically want to be able to keep most things the same as I have at the moment regarding spacing, colour etc etc but make all the top titles into stationary headers.
velden
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by velden »

rob30 wrote: So if I change all the content pages to section headers will this affect the look of my navigation?
Can't say. It depends on the template used for the menu (Menu Manager/Navigator). It is possible (likely) that the output of a section header is different from a content page.

Why don't you just add one section header to see what happens?
rob30

Post by rob30 »

Hi,

It looks different when I add a section header, It moves the postioning slightly and the font colour looks lighter.

I don't suppose you would know how I go about finding the area I would need to edit to change this?
rob30

Post by rob30 »

I've attached an image of what it looks like when I change one of the content pages to a section header.

I would also like to be able to change the size of the font.

Is it one of the stylesheets in design manger I would need to edit for all of this?

I have also uploaded an image of all my stylesheets if this is any help.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-07-26 at 14.58.51.png
Screen Shot 2017-07-24 at 17.51.23.png
velden
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by velden »

It's a combination of the Navigator (Menu Manager) template used and stylesheet(s) connected to the page's design.

Using a web developer tool (browser) and checking the css file it should be fairly easy to find where changes could be made.

Return to “Layout and Design (CSS & HTML)”