Editing a block's style - struggling to find source

For discussion and questions related to CMS Specific templates and stylesheets (CSS), and themes. or layout issues. This is not a place for generic "I don't know CSS issues"
MattBright

Editing a block's style - struggling to find source

Post by MattBright »

Hello all,

My first post here, and I'm going to have to be that guy... I apologise.

I've been working away at trying to modernise a website, and my HTML/CSS knowledge is/was somewhat limited, but this hasn't deterred me thus far from figuring things out for myself.

However, I am struggling now. I have narrowed it down a little - what I'm trying to do is edit the style of what is called a "Feature block" within the easy editor type part of the main page. When I inspect the source code it has something like <Section class="featureBlock blue ">. In the Feature block easy editor section itself, I do not have the option to do much more than populate the feature block with images and text, and I cannot find anything in the stylesheet that indicates this may be directly editable so I'm stumped.

Does anyone have any idea where this may be fed from/editable at?

The website can be viewed http://www.brightinstruments.co.uk, and I would be extremely grateful for any help on this one.

Thanks!
Masweb
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: Editing a block's style - struggling to find source

Post by Masweb »

Hi

If you use the latest version of CMSMS you wil find Stylesheets in the "Designmanager".

There you can do the modification of the stylesheet.

If you use GoogleChrome Or Firefox you can also, by clicking right mouse button, inspect the element.

That's the way to found out which element you have to edit. In your case this will be:

"div.featureContent a img" for styling the image and "div.featureContent H3" or "h3.homeTitle" to style the title under the image.

Return to “Layout and Design (CSS & HTML)”