Unrequested tags

For discussion and questions related to CMS Specific templates and stylesheets (CSS), and themes. or layout issues. This is not a place for generic "I don't know CSS issues"
redigo
Forum Members
Forum Members

Unrequested tags

Post by redigo »

CMSMS 5.2: Adding a tag like {gallery} in a content box makes CMSMS produce unrequested tags like <p>{gallery}</p>. This produces a unrequested line above the gallery-image. It is impossible to remove the <p>-Tag. The content box in the template looks like this: <div id="imagebox">{content block='imagebox'}</div>
scooper
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: Unrequested tags

Post by scooper »

The paragraph tags are probably being automatically inserted by the wysiwyg editor.

If you're using TinyMCE rather than MicroTiny as your content editor then there's an option to disable 'Force paragraph on line break'.

If the only thing that's going in the imagebox div is the Gallery tag though then another option would just be to not show a wysiwyg tag on that block:

Code: Select all

<div id="imagebox">
 {content block='imagebox' wysiwyg=0}
</div>
or even just have it as a single line.

Code: Select all

<div id="imagebox">
 {content block='imagebox' oneline=1}
</div>
redigo
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by redigo »

Thanks, scooper, for your reply and propositions.
Yes, I do use TinyMCE. And I do have further content (text) to be placed in the block «imagebox» (e.g. image caption).
I tried out both of your propositions, but they do not produce any result in fe.
redigo
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by redigo »

If you're using TinyMCE rather than MicroTiny as your content editor then there's an option to disable 'Force paragraph on line break'.
I disabled this option in TinyMCE: The problem is solved.
Thanks again, scooper :-)

Return to “Layout and Design (CSS & HTML)”