Simplex theme on mobile not scrolling to content from menu.

For discussion and questions related to CMS Specific templates and stylesheets (CSS), and themes. or layout issues. This is not a place for generic "I don't know CSS issues"
Trenia
Forum Members
Forum Members

Simplex theme on mobile not scrolling to content from menu.

Post by Trenia »

Hi all

I am wondering how it would be possible to make the menu hide when it is clicked, or have it auto scroll to the page content. It`s not very practical the way it is working now. You have to manually scroll down past the menu to get to the content. I like the Simplex theme very much, and would love continue using it.

Any suggestions and/or solutions as to how this can be accomplished are appreciated very much. Thank you :)

I have the latest cmsms 2.1.1 version installed. Try surfing to http://www.matrixhealing.no on a mobile device, to see what I mean.

Tom
Dr.CSS

Re: Simplex theme on mobile not scrolling to content from me

Post by Dr.CSS »

I'm not sure what page uses the Simplex theme but I see [Web Template created with Artisteer. Ported to CMSMS by Xoplex] at the bottom, so...
Trenia
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by Trenia »

Dr.CSS:

All pages uses Simplex theme on the mobile version. It is installed on a sub domain (/mobil/). You should be redirected from main domain when on a mobile device.

(On the desktop version, the menu is ported by Artisteer. Basic theme is made from bpcd4 if I recall correctly.)
Dr.CSS

Post by Dr.CSS »

Now I see, yes, I'm not too thrilled with that menu either, I prefer the Show/Hide menu but also do a Select which is on the second page of the first site linked...

http://themes.multiintech.com/

This will show what an active second or third level page menu looks like...

http://multiintech.com/newest/default_t ... ntage.html

Open them in a browser then make it smaller to see...
Trenia
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by Trenia »

Thanks for your reply Dr. CSS.

After searching the web and reading an article about navigation on mobile devices, I realised that the easiest solution for me would be to simply hide the main menu completely for screens smaller than 768px. The menu links are found in the footer navigation anyways. I added this to stylesheet "Simplex Layout", under navigation.

Code: Select all

@media screen and (max-width: 768px) {
        #main-menu {
        display: none;
  }
}

Return to “Layout and Design (CSS & HTML)”