Additional Content Blocks in Simplex will not save (Solved)

For discussion and questions related to CMS Specific templates and stylesheets (CSS), and themes. or layout issues. This is not a place for generic "I don't know CSS issues"
Dave59
Forum Members
Forum Members

Additional Content Blocks in Simplex will not save (Solved)

Post by Dave59 »

I have just installed a copy of CMSMS2. All checks were green. I came back to CMSMS after looking at other CMS, and decided from an editors point of view CMSMS2 is the best. So Congratulations good work!!
I decided to look at modifying Simplex.
I had no problems swapping things around until I decided to add extra content blocks.
For example: {content block="rightside" label="Rightside content"} results in the block appearing in Edit content but not on the page. I had simply removed the news module and placed the content block in it.
The div was there I gave it a different background colour to test this, but not the content.
For the main content a tag seems to be used, defined in the page logic. If I change this for {content}I get a double content error even when it seems to be the only one on the template. I did this to see if the main content block was missing and causing the problem.

Code: Select all

{*$main_content nocache} *}{* content entered in page editor area, variable is assigned on top in template logic, using nocache as variables are cached with Smarty cache on *}               
                    {content block="main" label="main content"}
This removed the content from the page and gave me a “content” and a “main content” in the editor?
I solved this by{*{content assign='main_content'}*} in the page logic. I can now use {content label=”main content”} and this block works as it should until I edit the content then it will not save when I click Apply?
Clicking Submit in the content edit page brings up a serever error message?
I tried clearing the cache after making changes.
This is a test and learn installation so it is constantly changing. http://plasmaspot.de/index.php
Simply put, how do I add multiple content blocks to the Simplex template please?

Would be greatfull for some help please.
Dave
Last edited by Dave59 on Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jeff
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: Additional Content Blocks in Simplex will not save

Post by Jeff »

Dave59 wrote:Clicking Submit in the content edit page brings up a serever error message?
What is the error? check the server error logs.
Dave59
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by Dave59 »

This downloads.
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<__html><head>
<title>200 OK</title>
</head></__body>
<h1>OK</h1>

<p>The server is temporarily unable to service your
request due to maintenance downtime or capacity
problems.
Please try again later.</p>
<__body></__html>

I will try to get infom from the server, if I can find it. The info I mean.
Dave
Dave59
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by Dave59 »

OK I have done a new installation on a different server and it seems to work OK.
I will try a new installation on the other server and see if it clears the problem.
Dave59
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by Dave59 »

There seems to be a problem with the Strato server. I have the same problem. I have asked for the server log files.
Dave59
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by Dave59 »

At last I think I have the problem.
I use Notpad++ to edit the template. Language set to HTML
I copy and paste the original template to Notpad and save as "recovery#01".
I then make may changes and copy and paste to CMSMS template editior.
Then it all goes wrong.
Even if I copy and paste the original and then copy the Notpad code directly back into the template with no changes and before saving the problem occurs.I get a double content error (content_en)even though I have changed nothing.
So I reinstalled CMSMS copied the original to a New template in CMSMS called it "simplex recovery".
I edited the original directly in CMSMS and it worked.
As I had always made templates in Dreamweaver from scratch and only edited the CSS with notpad++ I had never seen this problem.
It may be the " are changing a bit they look slightly different. I can not find any obvious reason.
Thanks
Dave

Return to “Layout and Design (CSS & HTML)”