CMS is stripping code from template port

For discussion and questions related to CMS Specific templates and stylesheets (CSS), and themes. or layout issues. This is not a place for generic "I don't know CSS issues"
elkman
Power Poster
Power Poster

CMS is stripping code from template port

Post by elkman »

I am attempting to convert a client's purchased theme for use with CMS Made Simple 1.11.12

Each time I have added the template file code and view the published source code, half of the code is stripped. This includes the jquery located at the bottom of the page.

I have removed every variable I can. I have created the template now without adding anything controlled by CMS. I have only added the {cms_stylesheet} tag but hardcoded all of the CSS so I am not using any attached CSS files. I have the original CSS files and JS files uploaded into file manager. I have added the {content} tag so the template will be saved.

This template uses <svg> tags. Could this be causing the problem?

I have converted many purchased themes for use in CMS Made Simple. This is the most complex theme code and I have never seen CMS strip out template code before. I still have a lot to tweak in the themes many CSS files. However, this shouldn't be causing the template code to be stripped.

The code is to large to be included here.

The original page code can be viewed here:
http://www.tellercountycolorado.com/Pro ... index.html

The converted template page source code can be viewed here:
http://www.pikespeakdeals.com/alpern/

The main problem is that all of the JS code at the bottom of the page is being stripped out. I have tried using {literal} tags too but nothing seems to work. This theme does have quite a few <svg> tags.

I have spent many hours trying to determine the cause of the problem and would appreciate any help. This theme has a WordPress version but I hate using WordPress. I build everything with CMS.

Any ideas will be very helpful.

PS. I have tried adding the full 2100 lines of code into the template and then clicking Apply to view the page. If I save the template the code is stripped when I reopen the template.
fredp
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: CMS is stripping code from template port

Post by fredp »

Hi,

You might have a look at this thread to see if it is applicable to your case...

[SOLVED] Page content gets truncated

Hope this helps,
---Fred P.
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.
- Abraham Lincoln
Jo Morg
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: CMS is stripping code from template port

Post by Jo Morg »

Yes possibly the template is being truncated... be it as it may, although the sum of the templates plus the content that constitute a single page may even have a higher number of lines than 2100, it's unrealistic to manage all of it in a single template. Start by removing the mockup content, and/or dividing the template into smaller, more manageable content blocks (split them in CGB's which are exactly smaller templates). Later, as you start using modules for some of the site functionality, you'll know which template block goes where...
"There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary... and those who don't."
* by the way: English is NOT my native language (sorry for any mistakes...).
Code of Condut | CMSMS Docs | Help Support CMSMS
My developer Page on the Forge
GeekMoot 2015 in Ghent, Belgium: I was there!
GeekMoot 2016 in Leicester, UK: I was there!
DevMoot 2023 in Cynwyd, Wales: I was there!

Return to “Layout and Design (CSS & HTML)”