Export cmsms template to wordpress

For discussion and questions related to CMS Specific templates and stylesheets (CSS), and themes. or layout issues. This is not a place for generic "I don't know CSS issues"
CRSounds
Forum Members
Forum Members

Export cmsms template to wordpress

Post by CRSounds »

Hi all,
I am using cmsms 1.11.11 for my main site using nice clean blue template. I want to create a blog site in a sub domain using WordPress as I can't get on with the cmsms blog modules.
Can I import/create the same template in WordPress so I can keep the same look across both sites?
If so what's the best way of going about it?
Any pointers greatly appreciated.
compufairy
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: Export cmsms template to wordpress

Post by compufairy »

The best way to go about it is to go to the Wordpress forums and ask this question there.
"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur..." (Red Adair)
CRSounds
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by CRSounds »

Thanks compufairy. Will do, just thought I'd ask on both as I'm staying from a cmsms base.
psy
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by psy »

Despite my loyalty to CMSMS, sometimes due to customer requests, what you've asked is a necessary evil. See http://forum.cmsmadesimple.org/viewtopi ... ce#p300043 for how I do it.
CRSounds
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by CRSounds »

Brilliant, thanks psy :)
psy
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by psy »

Haven't tried it but you could try doing the reverse, ie importing a WP page into cmsms. Create a blank template in WP to show the posts, etc then use the smarty {file_get_contents('http://www.google.com/')} tag to display it in your CMSMS page.

I believe there is a WP plugin that allows you to display only the page content, not the full template.

Something to think about. :)

Good luck.
CRSounds
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by CRSounds »

Interesting. Thanks again psy, I'll explore both.
psy
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by psy »

Something to keep in mind.... whichever app, CMSMS or WP, a page redirect, eg from summary to detail can cause issues.

My solution is to ensure that on the 'other' site, all links are driven by javascript to hide/show the detail. That eliminates any redirects and keeps the users on the one page.

It's a bit of a brain twister but definitely do-able. :)

Return to “Layout and Design (CSS & HTML)”