DIV, css, multiple column layout advice need.

For discussion and questions related to CMS Specific templates and stylesheets (CSS), and themes. or layout issues. This is not a place for generic "I don't know CSS issues"
wilse
Forum Members
Forum Members

DIV, css, multiple column layout advice need.

Post by wilse »

Hi folks

Have only recently started dabbling with CMSMS. I've been having trouble getting the layouts I would like to work as I'd like them.
I thought as you guys had more experience than I, I'd see if anyone can tell me where I'm going wrong??

I've attached a rough wireframe layout, so you can see what I'd like to achieve.
My main problem area is the 5 column section in the middle.
I had previously used tables for my sites, but have now moved over to using DIV's... it hurts!

Would it be bad practise to 'paste' a div layer into the WYSIWYG editor [after putting some code in the stylesheet].

Some of my page have 3, 4 and 5 columns, so I'm looking for the best way to carry on.
Also IF I wanted my client to be able the change the links and images in the middle column area should I have a separate content box for each column?
IF I was just doing this in tables, I would just do it in dreamweaver and copy and paste into the WYSIWYG editor.
IF however this is not the proper way to go on, I'd like to learn it properly.

cheers

wilse
Dr.CSS

Re: DIV, css, multiple column layout advice need.

Post by Dr.CSS »

Wherever you want a container for editing you need a content block, {content block='nameofit' label='This is What they will see when editing'}...

As far as multiple containers in a row you would use float on them with a fixed width...

Return to “Layout and Design (CSS & HTML)”